Transfer Credit and Prior Learning

Transferability of coursework or prior learning is governed by the transfer credit policy. New and current students should send their official record to the Admissions Office. Electronic transcripts are accepted through Parchment and the National Student Clearinghouse, all other are sent via postal mail. Current students are governed by the transient course policy. Learn more at our Transfer Credit and Prior Learning policy.

Transfer Evaluation System – TES®

The Transfer Evaluation System – TES® is a repository of courses from other institutions, or programs such as the American Council on Education, and how those courses equate at Norwich. Courses or examinations that are not represented, send an official record directly to the admissions office.


National Examination Searches

The College Board — to locate courses from Advanced Placement (AP) and College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) 
DANTES – to locate DSST Program Exams  
International baccalaureate (IB) – to locate IB examinations  
Cambridge Exams – Cambridge Assessment International Education 

Caution: Course content is subject to change, wherein the equivalency may no longer apply. This list is not a guarantee that a course will transfer as listed rather it serves as a resource for how courses have transferred.

A current student taking coursework off-campus as a transient student is required to complete the Transient Course Permission form prior to enrollment. The student's course is held to the current transfer policies and are retained for one-year only.

Transient Course Permission form: 
Link for a student with Norwich credential access. 
Link for a student no longer with Norwich credential access. 

Requires account creation and cannot be a Norwich email address.

As with most other colleges and universities in the United States, credits earned at Norwich University are transferable only at the discretion of the receiving school. (Pursuant to Vermont Statutes Annotated, Title XVI, Statute 176, Sec. 1(c)(1)(C).)

Questions regarding any of this information may be emailed to or call (802) 485-2035.

Applying for Admission

Select the appropriate academic program delivery.

Residential Programs  
ONLINE Programs

Study Abroad

Contact the International Center to learn about the many study abroad programs available and how to apply. The Center offers a comprehensive solution to ensure preparations and pre-approvals for course transferability is complete before leaving campus.