The Office of the Bursar looks forward to serving you during your academic career at Norwich University.

We strive to provide the University community with excellent service and convey information in a friendly and timely manner.

Our office serves all students at Norwich University, including undergraduate and online students enrolled through the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies. We are responsible for billing of tuition and fees, payments, third-party agreements, past-due accounts/collections, payment plans, and refunds.

Newly Accepted Undergraduate Students

Phone: 1 (800) 468-6679 
Fax: 1 (802) 485-2032 
Email: admissions@norwich.edu

Current On-Campus Undergraduate Students

Phone: 1 (802) 485-2055 
Fax: 1 (802) 485-2737 
Email: nubursar@norwich.edu

Online Students

Office Fax: 802-485-2737 
Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST 
General Email: bursargrad@norwich.edu 

Nishan Grout, Assistant Bursar 
Phone: 802-485-2055 
Email: ngrout@norwich.edu



Congratulations! You've been accepted to Norwich. Secure your spot here. Please have your student ID ready (found in welcome letter):



Please follow the NEW—NU PAY SETUP prompt below to Self Service Banner (SSB). Be sure to have your student ID ready (found in welcome letter). Once in, select “Student Services” then "Student Account". Choose either "Account Information" or "Account Detail for Term", then click the "Pay Now" button.



Current and authorized payer gateway to view and pay bills securely.


Residential Student Policies

Schedule of Fees and Charges

A Private Education is Affordable

Many families assume they cannot afford a private education and make the mistake of basing their college selection on published costs alone. Don’t fall victim to “sticker shock.” At Norwich University, you will be surprised at the options available and how we can make a top-quality private education affordable. The Financial Aid Office will work with you to design a financial aid package that is tailored to meet your individual family circumstances.

All fees must be paid in order to enroll. There is an automatic hold on registration, transcripts, and diplomas for anyone whose student account is not paid in full. Items for which payment was deferred must also be paid before a transcript may be released. Please see Corps of Cadets and Dean of Students regulations or publications for other applicable fees.

Please note: Fees and charges are subject to change. When such changes are made, notice will be given as far in advance as possible. For further information about fees and charges, payment options, refund schedules and information about the student account, explore the policy list via the side navigation.

Undergraduate Resident Student

Fall Semester
Spring Semester
Fall Semester
Spring Semester
(includes tuition for up to 18 credits; see Policies, course overload charge)
Security Deposit  
(see Policies, Security Deposit)
 $200  $200
Resident students are charged a per semester fee for their on-campus housing. 
Meal Plan 
Resident students are charged a comprehensive fee for their meal plan for on-campus dining facilities
Medical Insurance  
(see Policies, Medical Insurance)
 $1,420  $1,500
Student Activities Fee$260$260$520$290$290$580
Technology Fee  
(see Policies, Technology Fee)
University Health Services Fee 
(use of clinic, infirmary, substance education and counseling services)
Uniform Fee: Rook Class (see Policies, Cadet Uniform)
Fall 2022$2,600$785 
(second year fall semester bill)
Fall 2023$2,700$825 
(second year fall semester bill)

Undergraduate Commuter Student- Full Time

Fall Semester
Spring Semester
Fall Semester
Spring Semester
(includes tuition for up to 18 credits; see Policies, course overload charge)
Security Deposit 
(see Policies, Security Deposit)
 $200   $200
Medical Insurance 
(see Policies, Medical Insurance)
 $1,420   $1,500
Student Activities Fee$260$260$520$290$290$580
Technology Fee 
(see Policies, Technology Fee)
University Health Services Fee 
(use of clinic, infirmary, substance education and counseling services)

Commuter Student – Part time



     Part-time Commuter9-11$12,860$14,060
     Part-time Commuter6-8$  8,580$  9,380
     Part-time Commuter3-5$  4,290$  4,690
     Part-time Commuter1-2$  1,610$  1,760


Tuition, fees and deposit for on-campus graduate programs

Tuition$845/credit $924/credit
Room and Board (per year, for residential master’s candidates only)$15,800 $14,000
Basic Fees (Health, Technology, Student Activities)$2,480 $2,740
Medical Insurance (full-time students only, estimated cost)$1,420 $1,500
Admissions Deposit$250 $500


Miscellaneous Fees and Charges

Deposit (Advance Payment) 
(see Policies, Deposit (Advance Payment) )
Audit (per course, non-refundable)$1,260$1,380
ATI Nursing Fee (per term)$375-$441$375-$441
Clinical Course Fee (per course)$694$694
Course Overload Charge 
(per credit hour; see Policies, course overload charge)
Fire Alarm Reset 
Fire Alarm Reset 
$100 $100
Follett ACCESS (course materials per semester) $22 per credit up to $264
Graduation Fee $150
Identification Card Replacement$25$25
iPad Fee 
(annual; required for class utilization)
Late Payment/Processing Fee 
(per month)
Lab/Science Course Fee$10 - $60$10 - $60
Lab/Engineering Course Fee$30 - $230$30 - $230
Mail Box Key Replacement Charge$35$40
Orientation fee
(This is a one-time, non-waiverable, orientation fee paid by all students in their first matriculating year on campus.)
PE 355 Certification Materials Fee$80$80
Readmission Fee 
(non-refundable, but applied to tuition)
Registration for Equivalency Examination 
(posting exam credit $250 per credit hour)
Replacement Diploma Fee$75$75
Room Lockout 
(open locked door)
Room Key Replacement Charge$40$40
Science Materials Fee $75
Senior Citizens (Age 62) 
(not applicable to summer courses, or if matriculating for a degree)
No Charge No Charge
Single-Room Surcharge (South & Dalrymple Halls) 
(per semester)
Study Abroad$750$750
Vehicle Registration  
(per year)

Estimated Fees*

Books & Supplies$1500$1500
Miscellaneous Expenses$1500$1500

Course Fees

Simulation for Nursing Practice $120
Computer Forensics I $150
Introduction to Drawing $25
Introduction to Visual Design $25
Introduction to Painting $50
Introduction to Printmaking $50
Introduction to Photography $90
Fundamentals of Digital Design $70
Embedded Systems $90
Construction Safety $15
Principles of Financial Accounting $89
Principles of Managerial Accounting $89


Cadet Uniform Policy

The student is obligated for the full cost of the cadet uniform at the time the uniform is issued.

Please note: Additional uniform replacement parts are at the expense of the student at time of purchase.

Rooks withdrawing from the Corps of Cadets will receive a refund for the unused portion of their uniform issue and for items that have not been personally fitted/tailored. The manager of the Cadet Uniform Store will determine refunds.

Should the cadet withdraw from the Corps of Cadets or require a transcript, the full cost of the uniform, to include both the billed cost and the remaining unbilled cost of the uniform (less any approved refunds) will be applied to the student’s account and must be paid when received. There is an automatic hold on transcripts and diplomas for any student whose student account is not paid in full.

Check Cashing Privileges Policy

All enrolled students may cash checks at the bookstore up to $100 and at the Bursar’s Office up to $150. Additionally, there is an automated teller machine (ATM) on campus that is connected with the PLUS and NYCE network systems.

Course Overload Charge Policy

Tuition pays for 18 credits per semester, excluding ROTC and MU260, Regimental Band. Except for ROTC courses and MU260, credits in excess of 18 will be charged at the part-time tuition rate. Bills will be adjusted for overloads at the end of the add/drop period. Please note, dropping a Course Overload Course after the end of the Add/Drop period will not result in a refund. If you are enrolled in courses that generate a course overload fee, you must drop them before the end of the add/drop window to not be charged for the course.

Disenrollment for Financial Reasons Policy

A student may not re-enroll for a succeeding term if the student’s account is not paid or satisfactorily settled for the previous term. A student with an account that has not been paid in full, and who is permitted to enroll for a term, must meet the payment provisions made at enrollment or face immediate disenrollment.

Upon written appeal, the chief financial officer and treasurer may reconsider, and, in specific cases where good and sufficient reasons exist, grant exception to the policy. Such exceptions will generally not be made for medical illness or accident, unless the student enrolled in the tuition refund plan.

Deposit (Advance Payment) Policy

To enable Norwich University to make necessary plans for the instruction and maintenance of the student body, anticipated enrollment for the fall must be determined the prior spring. Norwich University requires an advance payment from all students who intend to return in the fall to help ensure accurate planning. This advance payment of $500 is due May 1. It is a nonrefundable deposit, but upon enrollment it is applied towards your account, reducing the student’s bill by $500. If the deposit is not used during the succeeding three years, the deposit will be declared income to Norwich University.

Accepted students: take care of this on our Pay Your Deposit page.

Dorm Damage Charge Policy

Damages to a room will be charged to the occupant. Damage to common use areas of dormitories may require a pro rata charge for each student on that floor or in that building, if it is not possible to determine responsibility. Any damages will be charged directly to students’ accounts.

International Student Payment Options

Norwich University can accept funds only in U.S. dollars drawn on U.S. banks. Students studying outside the United States must send U.S. currency drawn on or through U.S. banks, or make arrangement to wire (transfer) funds. This can be accomplished by contacting the Bursar’s Office. Norwich also accepts MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards with the same stipulations that apply to checks.

Lab/Course Fees

Lab/course fees are assessed to students enrolled in specific courses, principally science and engineering. The fee covers the consumables used in the lab and in some cases also covers the cost of the lab manual and/or specialized software. The exact fee varies by course but ranges from $10 to $40 for science courses and $30 to $75 for engineering.

Medical Insurance Policy

Norwich University requires that every full-time student have medical insurance coverage, either a personal policy or the policy offered by the school.

To waive health insurance — Visit sso.norwich.edu and click on the Student Health Insurance Icon for insurance information and to complete the online waiver. Until the Online Waiver Form is submitted and processed, students will remain enrolled in the student insurance plan and the cost of the plan will remain on their student account. Students that fail to complete their insurance waiver be the close of the enrollment period will remain on the insurance plan for the remainder of the policy year and will be responsible for the associated costs for the insurance plan.

Refund Policy – Overpayment on Enrolled Student Account

Requests for refund check(s) must be in writing. Refund will be sent to students unless the credit is from a Federal Parent Plus Loan. The refund check process can take up to three weeks from the date the written request is received and provided there is a credit balance on the student account. Refund checks are generated weekly and are mailed or available on Friday of each week. Allow up to three weeks for a refund.

Payment Plan Options – FAQs

Q: What are Norwich University’s payment plan(s) offerings? 
A: Students may enroll only in a single plan per term. Payment plans are set up by semester only. You may set up a five-to-four-month plan. 

Q: May I enroll in a plan before I have an account balance for the semester? 
A: No. You will need to have received your bill for the semester, which cannot be generated until you have been registered.

Q: What payment methods can I use when enrolling in my Norwich University payment plan? 
A: You can sign up for a payment plan and pay via ACH (direct debit from your bank account), credit or debit card. You can make a one-time payment as well using the same payment methods.

Q: What fees are charged for enrolling in a Norwich University Payment Plan that I am eligible for? 
A: Enrollment fee = $40 per semester; late fee = $65.

Q: Does Norwich University charge a credit card service fee if I use my credit card to enroll in a payment plan?   
A: You may also use a credit card with NUpay. Accepted credit cards are Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. A nonrefundable 2.85% ($3 minimum) service fee is charged in addition to the account payment amount.

Q: May I pay by cash if I signed up for a payment plan? 
A: Payments through any method will reduce your plan amount automatically. Any payment you make to Norwich University will go toward your next plan installment.

Q: Can I still enroll in a plan if I have financial aid? How does that affect my plan? 
A: At enrollment, the payment plan is calculated on the balance owed after all payments and/or financial aid credits are deducted from the amount due. Financial aid awarded after the initiation of the plan reduces all installments equally.

Q: When will my payment post to my student account? 
A: Your payments are posted immediately as soon as a payment is processed successfully.

Q: Why do I see an amount due for an installment I already paid? 
A: Installments reopen if their due dates have not passed and you have new charges on your student account.

The plan is set up to pay your charges for a number of items, such as tuition, fees, (and books, if you have financial aid). Anytime you have new charges for those items, your plan installment amounts will increase. Anytime you have payments or other new credits toward those items, your installment amounts will decrease.  Balances on Norwich University account recalculate overnight. If you do not see changes right away, check your account again in 24 hours. Monthly installment amounts will not adjust 14 days before a payment due date for changes to your account.  Your new payment amount will take effect on the following month’s payment.

Please note that the Norwich University plan prevents you from making another payment on the same day to prevent overpayment or double payment.

An email notification is sent following each recalculation reflecting the new payment amount. You will also receive a reminder email that your monthly installment is due three days before the installment due date.

Q: Can my family or other authorized users have access to my student account? 
A: Students may set up authorized users to view their billing information and/or their student bill on his or her behalf. Please note that, in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, this does not allow the authorized user to view the student’s academic records, course schedule, or other personal information. Authorized users may view student account activity, make payments, and set up payment plans. 

Instructions : Log into NU Pay.

  • Log into ssb.norwich.edu
  • Select “Student Services”, then select "Student Account"
  • Select either "Account Information" or "Account Detail for Term", then click the "Pay Now" button.

Set up your Authorized User(s) by clicking on the “Authorized Users” tab. Click “Add Authorized User,” enter the email address of the authorized user, and you will grant the user permission to view student account information. Click ‘Continue’ to finalize.

Students cannot make payments toward a plan set up by an authorized user.  If your authorized user enrolled in the plan, you can see it, but the authorized user must make the payments.

Q: How do my parents access my account in Norwich University? 
A: https://secure.touchnet.net/C20356_tsa/web/login.jsp

Q: May my parents both pay on one payment plan? 
A: The student may sign up for the plan themselves and then give access to each parent as an authorized user. Each parent will pay his or her personally agreed upon portion of the plan each month.

Q: What if I no longer want to attend classes after registration? 
A: You have to withdraw formally from classes. Contact the Center for Student Success at success@norwich.edu  to ensure that you are no longer enrolled and that you are removed from your payment plan. Please do not assume your registration and/or payment plan will be automatically dropped/cancelled for non-payment.

Q: Whom do I call with Norwich University payment plan questions? 
A: Payment Plans Support number: 833-269-3675. Our dedicated Tuition Payment Plan support representatives will be able to answer questions related to your account balance, plan details, installment payment status and plan agreement.

Past-Due Account Policy

Any inactive account not paid when due may be placed with a collection agency and subject to collection and legal costs.

Course Overload Charge Policy

Tuition pays for 18 credits per semester, excluding ROTC and MU260, Regimental Band. Except for ROTC courses and MU260, credits in excess of 18 will be charged at the part-time tuition rate. Bills will be adjusted for overloads at the end of the add/drop period. Please note, dropping a Course Overload Course after the end of the Add/Drop period will not result in a refund. If you are enrolled in courses that generate a course overload fee, you must drop them before the end of the add/drop window to not be charged for the course.

Checks: Returned, Nonsufficient Funds Policy

A $25 fee will be charged to the student account for each check returned by the bank for nonpayment. Norwich University reserves the right to require a cashiers check for all payments subsequent to the return of a personal check for nonsufficient funds.

Security Deposit Policy

A security deposit is a one-time charge to all resident and full-time, nonresident students. The deposit will be refunded within 10 weeks following withdrawal or graduation.

Technology Fee

The technology fee is composed of three components: 1) university computing infrastructure 2) core network resources and 3) the academic computing environment. University infrastructure costs include systems that provide all students with electronic access to and from the university and the portal systems that distribute information. Core network resources include the necessary equipment and services to provide network connectivity to these resources. The academic computing environment includes all computer labs, smart classrooms, printers, software and maintenance.

Transcripts and Diploma Hold Policy

There is an automatic hold on transcripts and diplomas for any student whose student account is not paid in full.

Student accounts are paid in full only after final payments have been received by the University from all scholarship, grants, loans, payment plan organizations, financial aid institutions, or other funding sources used by the student. Please allow 10 business days for release of a transcript when a balance is paid by personal check. Immediate release is allowed when payment is made by money order, bank check, or credit card. We accept Discover, American Express, Visa and MasterCard.

Tuition Assistance (TA) Rate Information

For Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (TA) Funding Purposes ONLY, all rates are charged as flat fee rate.  

A. Full-time Residential, Part-time Residential and Full-time Commuter Tuition Rates 

The per-credit rates provided are for Defense Department funding purposes and actual tuition rates are charged as a flat fee rate. The flat tuition rate for 2022-23 is $42,860 per year for full-time residential, full-time commuter, and part-time residential students. The flat Tuition rate for 2021-22 is $41,624 per year for full-time residential, full-time commuter, and part-time residential students.  

Students living on campus or participating in an approved study away program are considered residential students.  The rates below are calculated per Defense Department instructions as follows: (Tuition cost/year) X (number of years to complete program) = ($A). ($A / total number of semester hours to complete program = cost per hour ($B/hr.).

2022-2023 Program Tuition Rates 
Program$/Credit Hour 
Architectural Studies (MA)$1,260.59  
Athletic Training$1,382.58
Civil Engineering$1,298.79  
Computer  Science$1,371.52 
Computer Security - Information Assurance$1,405.25  
Construction Management$1,318.77  
Criminal Justice$1,428.67  
Electrical and Computer Engineering$1,328.99  
Environmental Science$1,308.70  
Exercise Science$1,393.82  
Health Science$1,360.63  
International Business$1,371.52  
International Studies$1,382.58  
Mechanical Engineering$1,318.77  
Physical Education$1,416.86  
Political Science$1,405.25
Studies in War & Peace$1,405.25  
Additional Fees
Textbooks$175/Term*Associate, Bachelor, Certificate, Master
Technology Fee (Campus Only)$610/termBachelor
Student Activity Fee (Campus Only)$260/termBachelor
Music 200 Surcharge$520/termBachelor
Clinical Nursing Instruction Fee (Campus Nursing)$694/termBachelor
Health Services Fee (Campus Only)$370/termBachelor
Technology (Online Program)$150/termBachelor
Technology (Online Program)$300/termMaster
Portfolio Fee (Online)$50/termMaster
Thesis Fee (Online Program)$1,000/termMaster
Sustaining Fee (Online Program$575/termAssociate, Bachelor, Certificate, Master
Library (Online Program)$100/termBachelor
Library (Online Program)$75/termCertificate, Master
Room and Board$7,900/termBachelor, Master
Rook Uniform (Campus Only)$2,600/termBachelor
Soph. Uniform (Campus Only)$1,260/termBachelor
Clinical Fee for Nursing NP (Online)$600/termCertificate, Master
Technology Fee (Online Nursing Only)   $350/termCertificate, Master


* Please note, the estimated cost of books and materials is $175 per term. Norwich’s program offering and course material requirements are diverse and individualized, therefore, actual costs may vary significantly from this estimate across various student populations, program course offerings, and individual instructor.

B. Part-Time Commuter Rates

The per credit rates provided are for Department of Defense funding purposes and actual tuition rates are charged as a flat fee rate for commuter students based on the number of credits taken per category. 


Number of Part-time CreditsFlat cost$/Credit Hour
1$    1,610.00 $  1,610.00  
2$    1,610.00$     805.00 
3$    4,290.00  
$  1,430.00  
4$    4,290.00$  1,072.50  
5$    4,290.00  
$     858.00 
6$    8,580.00 $  1,430.00
7$    8,580.00  
$  1,225.71  
8$    8,580.00  
$  1,072.50  
9$  12,860.00 $  1428.89  
10$  12,860.00 $  1,286.00 
11$  12,860.00  
$  1,169.09  


Number of Part-time CreditsFlat cost$/Credit Hour 
1$1,561.00 $     1,561.00
2$1,561.00 $        780.50
3$4,162.00 $     1,387.33
4$4,162.00 $     1,040.50
5$4,162.00 $        832.40
6$8,325.00 $     1,387.50
7$8,325.00 $     1,189.29
8$8,325.00 $     1,040.63
9$12,487.00 $     1,387.44
10$12,487.00 $     1,248.70
11$12,487.00 $     1,135.18

Refund Policy for University Withdrawal

Notification of withdrawal and requests for refunds must be in writing. As Norwich University must make commitments to faculty and staff ahead of student enrollment, only a partial refund of fees charged will be made if a student leaves for any reason prior to the end of any semester. The following schedule for refunds, calculated from the second day classes start, will be applicable to undergraduate tuition and fees. 100% of tuition assistance funds received for a given term will be refunded to the appropriate military service up to the first day of a course.

Fall Semester 2023

First weekAug. 28 - Sept. 320%80%
Second weekSept. 4 – Sept. 1020%80%
Third weekSept. 11 – Sept. 1740%60%
Fourth weekSept. 18 – Sept. 2460%40%
Fifth weekSept. 25 – Oct. 180%20%
After fifth weekOct. 2 and later100%-0-


Spring Semester 2024

First WeekJan. 8 – Jan. 1420%80%
Second WeekJan. 15 – Jan. 2120%80%
Third WeekJan. 22 – Jan. 2840%60%
Fourth WeekJan. 29 – Feb. 460%40%
Fifth WeekFeb. 5 – Feb. 1180%20%
After fifth weekFeb. 12 and later100%-0-

For information regarding summer refunds click here.

*Housing (room) refunds for students withdrawing from school will be subject to the refund schedule above. Food costs (board) will be subject to pro-rata charges for the days a student resided on campus.

NOTE: If the semester charges were not paid in full at the time of withdrawal, a bill will be forwarded for the balance due, calculated by using the appropriate percentage. Scholarships, grants and federally funded loans will be refunded, in the appropriate ratio, using federal guidelines for financial aid, either to the university or to the agency from which the aid funds were received. In many cases, this will result in an additional amount due the university.

For additional related Norwich University policies and regulations, click here.


Electronic billing and online payments are now available to Norwich University undergraduate students and their designated family members.

With the NUpay electronic billing service, students and authorized payers receive an email notification each time a new bill is posted online. Instructions are provided in the email notification to help access the new electronic bill. Once the bill is accessed, the student or authorized payer can make an online payment.

NUpay online payment service allows students, authorized payers to make electronic check (ACH) or credit card payments towards a student’s tuition bill.

For further information, please review the following options below:


Online Payments

Credit Cards
Norwich University only accepts credit cards for student account payments through NUpay online payment service. NUpay students, authorized payers may use a credit card to make a payment for any charge that appears on the student account. When using the NUpay online payment service a 2.85% ($3.00 minimum) service fee is charged in addition to the actual payment amount. This fee is non-refundable. Accepted credit cards are VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Please allow two-four days for the payment to be credited on your student account.

Electronic Check
Electronic checks (eChecks) or ACH payments are electronic debits direct from your checking account. Any checking account can be used, provided it is with a US bank and payment is in US dollars. eChecks may be used to pay all charges on a student bill. There is no service charge for using an eCheck to pay your bill. Expect a debit to your bank account no later than 48 hours after the payment transaction is completed online. To pay by electronic check you must have the routing (also known as the ABA) number of your US bank, and your checking account number. Routing numbers have nine digits and can usually be found in the bottom left corner of your paper checks.

Not ready for NUpay online payments? Norwich University will continue to accept paper checks. To avoid late payment fees payments should be received in the Bursar’s Office by the payment due date.

If chosen to mail a check drawn on a US bank, please send check to the following address:

Norwich University
Office of the Bursar
158 Harmon Dr.
Northfield, VT 05663

Online Payments FAQ

What are my payment options using NUpay?

You may use either an e-check or a credit card. E-checks are simply a debit to your checking or savings account and are also referred to as ACH payments. Any checking account can be used provided it is with a US bank and payment is in US dollars. There is no university fee for paying with an e-check, and many parents prefer it over a regular check for convenience and expediency. To pay by e-check you must have your bank routing number (also known as the ABA) and your account number. The routing number has nine digits and can be found in the bottom left corner of your paper check.

You may also use a credit card with NUpay. Accepted credit cards are VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. A 2.85% ($3.00 minimum) service fee is charged in addition to the account payment amount and is a non-refundable fee.

Why is there a convenience fee for using a credit card?

Because there is an additional cost for accepting credit cards as payment, it is more equitable to ask the person using the card to absorb the additional cost and not have it reduce the resources of all Norwich students. If parents elect to pay with a regular check, e-check, cash or money order, there is no fee.

May I make a credit card payment over the phone?

Credit card payments may only be made through NUpay.

Can I use my credit card checks to make an e-check payment?

Checks you receive from your credit card company cannot be used for an e-check. They will be returned by the bank as Account Not Found and may subject you to additional fees. You may use these checks through the mail only.

How long does it take for my payment to post to the student account?

Payments are posted immediately. Student account information is live.

I’m not comfortable making an electronic payment. Must I?

No. Electronic payments are offered to parents as an option for their ease and convenience. Although NUpay is a safe and secure way to pay your student account, the Bursar’s Office is happy to accept a paper check, cash or money order, but is not able to accept credit cards except through NUpay.


Electronic Billing

Students and authorized payers will receive an email notification when each new eBill is posted online. Students will receive this notification through their Norwich University email address (e.g. student@norwich.edu). Authorized payers will receive their eBill notifications at the email address indicated when the authorized payer is established.

To view an eBill without an email notification simply log into NUpay. Students must log into my.norwich.edu and then Self Service Banner (SSB) to access their bills online. Authorized payers have their own login screen.

Forget your password? If you are a student and have forgotten your my.norwich.edu or Self Service Banner password, please contact the NU help desk at 802-485-2456. If you are an authorized payer and have forgotten your NUpay password, please contact your student directly. Norwich University staff does not store or maintain password information for authorized payers.

Authorized Payers

Non-student payers who have been authorized by a Norwich student may view and pay a student’s bill on their behalf. Authorized payers can only be established by the student. Norwich University cannot establish an authorized payer for the student. Authorized payers will first be prompted to login to a secure site with an appropriate ID and password combination. A login ID and password is created by the student when the individual is established as an authorized payer. After login the authorized payer will use the navigation in the left frame to view an electronic bill or make an online payment.

Authorized Payers FAQ

How do I get my student’s bill?

Student bills are sent electronically through Norwich University’s billing and payment system known as NUpay Once a bill has been sent to NUpay, Norwich will notify the student through their Norwich email account. Students may set up their parents — or anyone else — to access their bill as Authorized Payers. Authorized Payers will receive their own email notification that the bill has been posted to NUpay The notification will also include a link to NUpay and is a convenient way to access the system.

How do I become an Authorized Payer?

The student must set up an Authorized Payer. Due to privacy regulations, Norwich personnel cannot do this for you. This can be done quickly by the student on the NUpay site reachable through Self Service Banner. Once established, the Authorized Payer will then receive an email that includes a link to NUpay and the username created for you by your student. You will be instructed to change the password before accessing NUpay.

What do I do if I forget my password?

Your student must assist you because Norwich personnel do not have access to passwords. He or she can create a new one for you by clicking the edit icon under the Authorized Payer section of NUpay and then clicking Reset Password. NUpay will email you a new password.

Please note that when you login and the system prompts you for your “old” password, it does not mean the one that has been forgotten. The “old” password means the password you have just received by email. This will be a 10-character password mixing letters and numbers. During this process you may then change your password to something more memorable.

I’m an Authorized Payer. How do I log in?

The link to NUpay is conveniently included in the e-mail notice sent to you to let you know that the bill has been posted to NUpay, or you can use the link below.


What if I don’t have a computer at home?

If you do not have access to a computer, your student can print a copy of the e-bill for you.

Current Students

First time (new) and returning Norwich students may access NUpay by logging in through Self Service Banner (SSB). Here’s how:

  • Log into ssb.norwich.edu
  • Select “Student Services”, then select "Student Account"
  • Select either "Account Information" or "Account Detail for Term", then click the "Pay Now" button.

International Payments Option

Norwich University has teamed up with TransferMate to provide a streamlined and secure payment method through your student account that also reduces bank fees and improves your payment experience. With TransferMate, students can pay tuition and fees in their local currency from nearly any country. Click here or the button below for more information.

NU Pay for International Students

Accepted Students: Pay Your Deposit

Newly admitted students can pay the new student deposit IF the student’s Norwich ID# is known. The student’s Norwich ID# begins with the letter “A” and is given to the student by Admissions. Norwich University is not allowed to distribute a student’s ID# to others.

Additional FAQ

If my student loans are more than my bill, do I get the difference?

Yes, once all the requested paperwork has been received and processed by the Norwich University Financial Aid Office your loans and aid will be disbursed. Refunds will only occur on those accounts that have a credit balance. Allow two to three weeks for processing the refund check once funds have been received on your account.

Can I use work-study toward payment of my student account?

Work study is not applied to your student account as a direct credit, nor is work study deferred on your student bill.

Can I pay my bill with Veteran’s benefits?

Post 9/11 Chapter 33 & Yellow Ribbon benefit

Students eligible for VA Chapter 33 Post 9/11 benefits and Yellow Ribbon must provide the Norwich University Registrar’s Office with a current VA Certificate of Eligibility. Chapter 33 VA funds are paid direct to Norwich so the cost of tuition and fees can be deferred; students with VA benefits less than 100% must pay the difference prior to the start of the semester.

Vocational Rehabilitation- Chapter 31

Students eligible for VA Vocational Rehabilitation benefits must provide each semester a copy of the VA form 1905 for certification and billing. Vocational Rehabilitation funds are paid direct to Norwich University.

VA Chapters 30, 35, 32, 1606, 1607

Students utilizing VA benefits (Chapter 30, 35, 1606, 1607, 32) or other third-party plans paid directly to the student do not qualify for bill deferment and are required to pay tuition and fees in full prior to each semester.

The Registrar’s Office will certify the enrollment for the VA after each semester begins.

Where and how do I apply for federal student loans?

The first step to applying for federal student loans is to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). You can do this online at https://studentaid.gov/ or request a paper application from our Financial Aid Office. You will also need our federal school code — 003692. It is very important that your FAFSA information reflect this school code. This will let the federal processing center know that you are requesting your information be made available to Norwich University.

Your 1098-T: Norwich University is required to furnish this information to you and to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The 1098-T does not indicate your eligibility for tax benefits.

  • You may receive a 1098-T but not qualify for education tax benefits.
  • The 1098-T provides information that you may use to determine your eligibility for tax incentives.
  • For assistance in determining your eligibility for education tax benefits, consult IRS Publication 970 or consult with a tax advisor.

The dollar amounts reported on your Form 1098-T may assist you in completing IRS Form 8863 – the form used for calculating the education tax credits that a tax payer may claim as part of your tax return. Many taxpayers will require additional information from their personal records in addition to Form 1098-T. Review instructions and more information about IRS Form 8863 and Education TAX Credits.

Visit the IRS website: https://www.irs.gov. In the search box, enter “Publication 970.” Referenced in that document is “Form 8863.” This is the form used to determine eligibility for the tax credits. Be sure to review the version of this document for the current tax year.

Norwich University is unable to provide individual tax advice and nothing in this document should be construed as tax advice.


Higher Education Act (HEA) Program fund regulations permit students to authorize use of Title IV financial aid funds for noninstitutional expenses such as books and supplies, parking registrations, parking fines, lost library books or dorm damage etc.

Title IV funds are federal student aid (FSA) funds administered by the U.S. Department of Education. Title IV funds include Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan, Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, Direct PLUS Loan, federal Pell grant, and federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG). It does not include scholarships from the University or other private organizations.

If you are eligible for federal financial aid in excess of tuition and fees and you wish to use this excess to cover other charges (e.g., books, insurance, parking registration/fines, etc.), you must authorize Norwich University to pay these charges from your account balance. You may rescind this authorization at any time before incurring such charges, but you may not cancel it once such charges have been paid on your behalf. This authorization is valid for funds in excess of tuition, fees and room and board, based on your financial aid eligibility and enrollment status.


Federal Student Aid (FSA) regulations specify what charges on your student account your federal financial aid can pay. FSA pays tuition, mandatory fees, room and board without an authorization. You may authorize Norwich University to use the funds to pay for other charges on your student account. You may also authorize the University to hold federal aid to pay expenses in a future term and to pay a nominal amount of charges from a prior academic year.

Your authorizations remain valid throughout your entire Norwich University career, unless you rescind them. As required by federal regulation, the University will refund to you excess Title IV funds at the end of each financial aid year whether you have provided an authorization to hold a credit balance or not.

Action needed:

To provide your authorization(s), log into Banner Self Service (SSB) then click on the Title IV Authorizations link. You may access the online form at any time through SSB. Step by step instructions to authorize federal funds for non-institutional charges:

  • Sign into sso.norwich.edu with your Norwich Username and Password (this will bring you to the SSO Launchpad)
  • Select Banner web icon from Launchpad (this will bring you to the Banner Web menu)
  • Select Student
  • Select “Title IV Authorization” link (to select your authorization(s) for past, current non institutional charges and future semester Title IV refunds).



What are Federal Title IV funds?

Title IV funds are federal student aid (FSA) funds administered by the U.S. Department of Education. Title IV funds include Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan, Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, Direct PLUS Loan, Federal Pell Grant, and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG). It does not include scholarships from the University or other private organizations.

What must Title IV aid pay?

Your Title IV Federal financial aid will automatically pay your current-year institutional charges (i.e., tuition, mandatory fees, room and board). No further authorization is needed.

What aid is not restricted?

All other aid you are receiving (other than Title IV) will pay any charge on your account. For example, scholarships or institutional grants and private loans will always pay any charge on your student account.

Why might I have an excess of Title IV funds?

An excess of Title IV funds occurs when the total amount of Title IV funds disbursed to your student account exceeds charges for tuition, mandatory fees and room and board billed by the University on the student account. An excess of Title IV funds does not necessarily mean you have a credit balance on your overall account. It means there are no other charges that those funds may pay.

You may choose to authorize the University to use your Title IV funds to pay certain other educational related charges, hold a credit balance on your account to pay for future charges in the aid year, and to pay up to $200 of educational related charges from a prior year.

How do I complete the Authorization Questions for Federal Title IV Financial Aid Funds?

Log into Banner Self Service (SSB). Then click on the Title IV Financial Authorizations link in your menu. Your authorizations will be valid from that point on, extending through your entire Norwich career, unless you rescind them. This online form is how you manage your Title IV authorizations.

How might answering “yes” to the authorization questions help me?

By answering “yes” to the questions, Title IV funds will be able to pay other charges on your student account, funds will be able to be held as a credit balance for the aid year, and funds may pay up to $200 of educationally related charges in a prior year. You may provide authorizations for one, several, or none of these. The choice is yours.

If I answer “yes” to the questions, will I still be able to request a refund for the credit balance on my student account?

Yes. Your authorization is permission for the University to apply excess Title IV funds to other charges on your student account, hold a credit balance for future charges in the aid year, and to pay up to $200 of prior year educationally related charges.

What if I answer “no” to the Title IV Authorization questions?

If you do not want to grant permission to pay other charges with your Title IV aid, we will release your aid to your student account and it will pay only tuition, mandatory fees, and room and board for the current academic year. You may receive a refund (electronically to your U.S.-based checking or savings account if you have provided your banking information through NUpay -Manage Refunds link. Also, you may be sent a bill for any charges that could not be paid with your Title IV aid. Receiving a refund does not mean there are no pending charges on your account.

Do I have to answer the authorization questions each term or academic year?

No. Your authorizations remain valid throughout your entire Norwich University career, unless you rescind them. As required by federal regulation, the University will refund to you excess Title IV funds at the end of each financial aid year whether you have provided an authorization to hold a credit balance or not.

Is there a deadline?

No. Any authorization you provide is valid from that point forward, unless you rescind it. You may receive an email at the start of each aid year as a reminder of your options. You may access the online form at any time through self-service banner (ssb). For the best possible experience, make your choices before your aid disburses for the next term.

Does having an excess of Title IV funds mean that I have an overall credit balance on my student account?

Not necessarily. An excess of Title IV funds means that your federal financial aid exceeds the charges it is permitted to pay (as defined above). You may login to NUpay to determine whether you have a credit balance or an amount due to the University.

How may I rescind a Title IV authorization?

Go to Self-Service Banner (SSB) and select the Title IV Authorizations link. Please note that changes to your authorizations are not retroactive and take effect when they are processed.

What about authorizations for Parent PLUS loans?

Parent PLUS Loan credit balances are refunded to the loan’s originator at the address provided on the loan application. In certain cases, the originator may have directed overpayments to be applied to the student account at the time the loan application was completed.


Please contact the Bursar’s Office by emailing nubursar@norwich.edu or phone us at (802) 485-2055. Our office is located in Jackman Hall, Room 204.