Norwich University Withdrawal Policy

A withdrawal ends a student's enrollment and separates the student from the University. Either the student or the University may initiate the withdrawal process.

Provided below is summary information about the University’s Withdrawal Policy.

Withdrawals Initiated by the Student

When a withdrawal is necessary, the student must direct the following requests in writing to the appropriate institutional officer.

  • Requests for withdrawal must be submitted to the program's student support advisor.

Norwich University must make commitments to faculty and staff in advance of actual student enrollment, therefore only a partial refund of tuition paid will be made if the student leaves for any reason prior to the end of any course. The only exception to this policy is for activation or deployment of military personnel to a combat zone or in direct support of or proximity to a combat zone during the period of enrollment (see below).

Scholarships, grants, and federally funded loans will be refunded, in the appropriate ratio, using federal guidelines for financial aid, either to the University or to the agency from which the aid funds were received. In many cases, this will result in an additional amount due from the student to the University.

Withdrawals Initiated by the University

The University, through the Dean of the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies, may also initiate an Administrative Withdrawal. Such instances might occur for student failure to participate, violation of the academic honesty policy, violation of the student participation and behavior policy, failure to pay tuition, or in cases where the student is a distraction to other students and instructors.

Military Activations and Deployments to or in Support of a Combat Zone

If you are a member of the military, we thank you for your service. If you must interrupt your enrollment due to military activation or deployment to or in support of a combat zone, please read our military withdrawal policy and contact your student support advisor as soon as possible.