Expect Challenge. Achieve Distinction.

Registrar's Office

To get in touch with the Norwich Registrar's office, call 1 (802) 485-2035, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., or email registrar@norwich.edu

Course Catalog. Registration for Classes. Add/Drop Classes. Request Transcript. Transfer Evaluation. Degree/Enrollment Verification. Change Major. Readmission Application. Graduation. Duplicate Diploma Request. And other forms.
  • Registrar

    The Registrar’s Office staff provides accessible, attentive customer service to our many constituents, ensuring the accuracy, integrity and delivery of degrees and coursework. The Registrar’s Office is an integral part in university operations; staff work closely with nearly all offices and departments on campus.

  • Policies


    By enrolling in courses at Norwich University, students obligate themselves to be aware of and abide by the academic policies governing their enrollment.

    Academic Regulations and Requirements.

    The university’s academic regulations and requirements are listed in full in the current year’s college catalog.

    View Course Catalog


    Under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), you, the student, have the right to authorize the College to release information from your educational record to other individuals (i.e., parents, spouse, employers). Your educational record includes, but is not limited to, items such as grade reports, transcripts, billing and financial aid information.

    New and current students wishing to authorize the release of their records to third parties must complete the web-based FERPA form, accessible by logging into the My.Norwich portal and locating the Student Academic Profile section in the Web Services menu. Search on FERPA for detailed information on where to find the form.

    Log into My.Norwich

    Related Policies

    For additional related Norwich University policies and regulations, click here.

  • Registrar Forms

    Registrar Forms

    Readmission Process

    A student who has not attended classes for one or more semesters must reapply to the University. Approval is requested from Commandant or Dean of Students (housing and discipline), the Bursar, and Financial Aid -Satisfactory Academic Progress for Financial Aid. A student is encouraged to discuss their anticipated return with an advisor and/or department chair prior to completing the form. The application must be completed ten business days prior to the start of the semester.

    A student who has been suspended must also submit a letter addressing the plan for success, and also be required to obtain letters of support from the Academic Achievement Center, the advisor and the primary major department chair. The Academic Achievement Center will serve as the resource for guidance when the advisor or chair is unknown.

    Once the student is readmitted, curriculum changes may be submitted with the assistance of the advisor. A student not meeting program requirements such as Nursing will be changed to Undeclared until a new curriculum is selected.

    Chose one of the two readmission options based upon the student’s status. The online form requires account set up and cannot be a Norwich email address.

    Readmission from Suspension Application

    Academic Petition

    This Academic Petition from is for a student who no longer has access to my.norwich.edu. An Academic Petition is for a student who wishes to petition an academic policy in the current Academic Catalog or a policy, in-force when the action petitioning occurred.

    Online Form

    The Academic Petition Form for current a student is available via my.norwich.edu and must be completed using the Registrar’s SharePoint site.


    Enrollment as non-degree seeking student

    A person who is interested in taking coursework as a non-degree seeking student, or transient student (guest student) will complete an enrollment request to the Registrar’s Office. A high school student using a Flexible Pathway option must inquire through the Admissions Office.

    Online Application

    Change of Permanent Address

    A current student can enter addresses via BannerWeb. However, to change the permanent address use the Change of Address Form.

    Change of Address Form

    Change of Name

    A student who attended Norwich University and wishes to change their name to the permanent record must complete a Change of Name.

    Change of Name Form

    Transcript Requests

    Order a Transcript

    Withdraw from the University (Northfield Campus Programs)

    A student investigating withdrawing from the University, or has decided to withdraw from the University, will complete the Withdrawal Form. The form is received by the Center for Student Success who will then reach out to the student. Once the withdraw procedures has been discussed, the Center for Student Success will notify the Office of the Registrar who will then update the student record. When the withdrawal is during the semester, the current year’s Academic Catalog will provide dates and deadlines. The Office of the Bursar’s webpage will identify billing policies. Billing adjustments, when applicable may take up to three weeks for processing.

    Norwich Network Access
    Non-Norwich Network Access

  • Enrollment & Degree Verification

    Enrollment & Degree Verification

    Norwich University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verification for current and prior enrolled students. Service through the National Student Clearinghouse is available 24/7. However, incomplete data requires Norwich to investigate the submission and additional time is required. The Norwich University National Student Clearinghouse School ID number is 003692-00.

    Current Students

    Current students can generate new enrollment verification letters through the student self service section of the National Student Clearinghouse website. This can be accessed through Banner Web.

    • Once you have logged in to Banner Web, go to the “Student Services” tab and click on “Transcript Request/Enrollment Certificate“, then click “Submit“.
    • This will take you to the National Student Clearinghouse Student Self Service page.
    • Once there, you should click “Obtain an enrollment certificate” to generate a new enrollment certificate immediately as a PDF.

    3rd Party Requests or Former Students

    A 3rd party, or prior student, can verify student attendance or degree verification so long as the student has authorized permission to release what is termed directory information. To complete the query fields, the Norwich student will need to provide information pertaining directly to their enrollment or degree status. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted by clicking the verify now box.


  • 1
Dates & Deadlines

Dates & Deadlines

On-campus and Online Students Read More
Class Schedule

Class Schedule

On-campus and Online Students Read More


Order Official Transcripts Read More
Academic Catalogs

Academic Catalogs

Current and Archived Catalogs Read More
  • 1
Mailing Address
Office of the Registrar
Norwich University
158 Harmon Drive
Northfield, VT 05663
Office Hours
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Walk-in and by appointment
Jackman Hall—Room 328
1 (802) 485-2035

— You at Norwich —

Challenges and opportunity await; the world needs your strength, talent, grit and compassion more than ever. Following an experiential learning tradition more than 200 years strong, Norwich will prepare you to lead and serve in a career you love — in the private sector, public sector or the armed forces. We invite you to join us. Live, learn and lead at Norwich.

I'm Ready for Norwich

Norwich University admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.

Norwich University collects personal data about visitors to our website in order to improve the user experience and provide visitors with personalized information about our programs and services. By using our site, you acknowledge that you accept the information policies and practices outlined in our Privacy Policy.