For High School Students and Incoming Rooks
FLC-V is a 5-day summertime virtual experience that builds understanding of small-group leadership techniques, leadership ethics, teamwork, problem-solving, and communication.
Participants will encounter challenge, excitement, and fun. Activities include physical fitness, leadership, drill and ceremony, webinar instruction, practical exercises, and more. Teams are led by current Norwich University students and professional leaders to ensure expert instruction and a life-changing experience. Each participant will have the opportunity to practice their new leadership skills as team leader of the day.
Future Leader Camp – Virtual is Monday, July 12, 2021 thru Friday, July 16, 2021. Each day is from 8:00AM to 5:00 PM EST.
Registration is Open now and Registration will end on July 5th, 2021 at 4:00pm EST.
Who is eligible?
Applications are welcome from high school students who have completed 9th grade thru 11thth grade. Graduated 12th grade students who are incoming rooks with a paid deposit to Norwich University are also eligible.
What are the application requirements?
A complete application includes:
- The online registration form complete with payment
What are the computer requirements to participate?
Download and set up free accounts for both “GoToMeeting” and “Discord”. Both systems will be used. Zoom may also be required.
Internet Connection: 1Mbps or better (broadband recommended).
It is recommended that a desktop or laptop computer is used. Tablets tend to experience more issues.
It is recommended but not required to have more than one screen. Two is optimal.
There may be other software required to participate in some team building exercise that is at a cost to Norwich and free to you, if you don’t already have it (i.e. Steam). Soon after registration closes we will facilitate with you on how to obtain the paid software.
GoToMeeting Software Requirements:
- Windows 7 on up for Windows based computers
- OSX 10.10(Yosemite) on up for Mac based systems
- 1Mbps or better (broadband recommended)
- GoToMeeting desktop app
- 2GB or more of RAM
- Microphone and speakers or headset equivalent
Discord Software Requirements:
- 2GB minimum
- NVIDIA GeForce 6200 or AMD RADEON 9550 minimum or higher
- Windows 7,8,or 10 for Windows based computers
- MacOS 10.10(Yosemite) on up for Mac based systems
What is the cost?
Cost is $200 per participant and is nonrefundable. Payment is due with registration.
What are the Benefits of Attending?
- Thinking of attending Norwich? If you complete the Norwich University Virtual Future Leader Camp while still in high school, you may be eligible for a $2,000 FLC scholarship that will apply toward the cost of Norwich University tuition for each of 4 years — that’s a total award of $8,000, more than most summer jobs! To be eligible you must participate in all sessions and all 5 days of the camp.
- Want to know about the Norwich lifestyle? Provides opportunity for high school students to interact with current Norwich University students and to learn more about the campus and lifestyles offered.
- Do you have the traits of an effective leader? Improved leadership skills and communication techniques for all high school students grade 9 thru 12 regardless of being college bond.
- Know How to Apply for College and ROTC Scholarships? All students will learn timelines for applying to college and ROTC scholarships. This really benefits 9th thru 11th grade as most realize late that applications should have been submitted a year or two in advance. You don’t want to miss deadlines.
- Need to build your high school resume? Learn the importance of the resume. And, it makes for an excellent resume data point for aspiring students.