Corps of Cadets

Research Centers


Student Services—
and Campus Life


Visit | Apply



Whatever you think you're capable of, you can achieve here—and more. Learn how a Norwich education prepares you to lead in a career you love.

Request Info

Nearly 200 Years—Learn More About Norwich

Expect Challenge. Achieve Distinction.

The BS in Education is designed to lead to recommendation for licensure for students who complete the program. The BS in Education requires all students to have a double major. Those choosing elementary education may major in mathematics or any of the Liberal arts and science areas that are offered at Norwich University. Those who choose secondary education must major in Mathematics.

Successful completion of this major demands a high degree of commitment on the student’s part. In some instances, this may require an extra semester. However, if the double major is started in a student’s freshman year, requirements for both degrees can be completed in four years. All education majors are required to have an overall GPA of 3.0 in both majors before being placed in Student Teaching and before graduation. In addition, all education majors are required to take the PRAXIS Core Academic Skills for Educators test & the PRAXIS II Content Tests. All students are required to take the PRAXIS Core Academic Skills for Educators test before the end of their sophomore year or 60 credits. All students are required to take the PRAXIS II Content Tests in the spring of their junior year before their completion of 90 credits. Both PRAXIS tests are to be passed with results received by the Director of Education Teacher Licensure prior to placement in Student Teaching. Other licensure requirements, such as the licensure portfolio, are articulated in the Education Teacher Licensure Student Handbook. Education Teacher Licensure has a reciprocity agreement with 50 states of the United States. This allows you to teach in other states with your Vermont Teacher License up to two years. More information on our reciprocity agreement can be found in the Education Teacher Licensure Student Handbook. Students are encouraged to do a semester of study abroad. Opportunities are also available to do service learning education projects abroad and in inner city schools.

The BS in Education Teacher Licensure requires 120 credits for Education Elementary track and Education Secondary track Mathematics

cake Celebrating our Bicentennial!
academic calendar Academic Calendar
camps & Programs
CC & Commissioning 2019
events Calendar of Events
Give Your Impact