Corps of Cadets

Research Centers


Student Services—
and Campus Life


Visit | Apply



Whatever you think you're capable of, you can achieve here—and more. Learn how a Norwich education prepares you to lead in a career you love.

Request Info

Nearly 200 Years—Learn More About Norwich

Expect Challenge. Achieve Distinction.

Article Index

Students applying for an F-1 visa to attend a U.S. university must first pay the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee of $200. This fee should be paid prior to making a visa appointment at the U.S. embassy or consulate. You must take your fee receipt for proof of payment to your visa appointment. For Canadian students who are not required to obtain a visa, you must still pay this fee and provide the receipt for proof of payment, if asked, when you enter the U.S. All students should keep this receipt with their passports and immigration documentation.

Payments can be made online using a credit card, by mail, or by Western Union. We strongly recommend that you pay the fee online using a credit card. If paying by Western Union or mail, please keep in mind that it will take several weeks to get a receipt, so you will need to pay this fee early to avoid any delays with your visa application.

Please visit to pay the fee and complete a Form I-901.

To complete the Form I-901 you will need Norwich University’s school code as well as your SEVIS number:

  • The school code is POM214F10035000
  • Your SEVIS number is in the top, right-hand corner of your Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 and begins with the letter N

Student Visa Application at U.S. Embassy or Consulate

You should make an appointment as soon as possible with the U.S. embassy or consulate where you will be applying for your student visa.

Visit the U.S. Department of State website to see the estimated visa wait time for the U.S. embassy or consulate nearest you. Note that the visa can be issued up to 120 days before the start date on your Form I-20.

You can find specific information about the consulate, appointment process, application forms, and visa fee at the U.S. Department of State website. VisaGuide has additional information.

cake Celebrating our Bicentennial!
academic calendar Academic Calendar
camps & Programs
CC & Commissioning 2019
events Calendar of Events
Give Your Impact