Student(s) and/or Parent/Guardian(s)
Subject: Action requested: New/updated student refund process
Norwich has upgraded its student account refund process. • Students select refund electronic delivery payment method. • Direct deposit • Reloadable debit card • Student is notified by email when a refund has been initiated • Log into NUpay to see the status of a refund • Sign up for refund status mobile alerts
Student account refunds can originate in a number of ways: a financial aid award, change in enrollment status and/or return of security deposit refund upon graduation. It is likely there will be a refund at some point in your college career.
- If you have received a refund electronically, you should automatically be set up for Student Choice Refunds. Please login to NUpay (Student Choice Refunds) and confirm that your banking information is correct.
- If you have not received a student account refund electronically, please login to NUpay (Student Choice Refunds) and enter your banking information. Please have your banking information handy (routing and account number).
(Note: payroll/work study direct deposits are a different system)
How to register for Student Choice Refunds:
- Go into Norwich SSO.norwich.edu with your Norwich Username and Password (this will bring you to the SSO Launchpad)
- Select Banner Web icon from Launchpad (this will bring you to the Banner Web menu)
- Select Student
- Select NUpay – view bill, pay and set up student refunds (this will bring you to the NUpay message board)
- Select “Student Choice Refund” link (set up direct deposit refund preferences)
Select how you want to receive your direct deposit refund. Fill in the necessary information. Your refund will be sent using the option you selected.
Stay current with mobile alerts!
Sign up to receive a text message once a refund has been issued. Click the mobile alert icon on your dashboard and enter your 10-digit phone number to enroll.
Note for Parent(s)/Guardian(s):
Be advised that Parent Federal Plus loan monies that are not directed to the student will be refunded only to the parent/guardian. This will require the parent Authorized Payer to provide banking (routing and account) information by clicking Student Choice Refund link in NUpay. You will have received an email from nubursar informing you that you have 24 hours to provide or edit your banking information before direct deposit refund is process. If no banking is provided refund will default to paper check which may take up to 10 days to received.
Thank you in advance for your immediate attention to this request.
Office of the Bursar | September 2019