Orientation is your introduction to Norwich, and the chance to learn what you’ll need to succeed as an undergraduate. The Office of New Student Orientation will help you make a positive transition into the Norwich community and become acquainted with college life, which includes social development, community living, wellness and academics.
Orientation is a requirement for all new Norwich University students (residential and commuter).
Fall 2017 – New Civilian Student Arrival
The Fall 2017 New Civilian Student Arrival Day (Commuter & On-Campus Residential) is Wednesday, August 23, 2017. In-processing/check-in takes place between 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. in Shapiro Field House. New Civilian Student Orientation activities begin at 1:00 p.m. in White Chapel with a welcome from Norwich University President Richard W. Schneider. Between 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., you will move into your room, grab lunch in our dining hall, and have an opportunity to visit the bookstore, Sullivan Museum and History Center, or other areas of campus.
A detailed schedule will be posted on this website during the month of July.
At Orientation you may:
- Meet with faculty, staff, and academic advisors.
- Review your course schedule and adjust it as needed.
- Learn about campus programs and services.
- Be introduced to NU traditions and Guiding Values.
- Learn about residence halls and community living.
- Participate in group activities.
- Meet other students, make new friends, and become part of the Norwich Family.