Exceptional students training with a powerfully simple purpose: to defend our future.
NROTC Preparatory Scholarship
Application DEADLINE: February 1
Apply for the opportunity to receive the Naval Reserve Officer’s Training Corps (NROTC) Preparatory Scholarship. This scholarship will be given to five potential Midshipmen in the NROTC program who are pursuing a Tier 1 or Tier 2 degree and pursing a commission with the Navy upon graduation.
This opportunity includes five years as a full-time student at Norwich University. In your first year at Norwich, tuition and fees will be covered. Additional financial aid may be provided to supplement additional costs.
If selected for the Norwich NROTC Preparatory Scholarship, the student will have a four-year Navy ROTC National Scholarship reserved for them by the Navy. If the student successfully completes the first year of the preparatory program, including all requirements listed below, then they will be awarded the four-year Navy ROTC National Scholarship, which will cover tuition, fees and provide a monthly stipend. Norwich University will cover room and board for these students with our General I.D. White Scholarship. Requirements:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Before starting classes in the Fall semester successfully complete NROTC indoctrination summer training
- Before starting classes in the Fall semester successfully complete a Department of Defense medical exam
- Become a member of the Norwich Corps of Cadets
- Successfully pass the Navy's Physical Fitness Assessment once a semester with a score of “Good Low” or better
- Achieve a minimum of 2.8 cumulative GPA at Norwich University
- Agree to the terms of scholarship contract
- Receive the Professor of Naval Science's recommendation
Ease the Strain for Paying for College
One of the most stressful complications for college students is finding the money to pay for the thousands of dollars of college-related expenses. The Navy and Marine Corps offers many scholarship options for those looking to gain tuition or housing assistance while pursuing their degree as a full time student. ROTC offers two, three, and four-four scholarships, based on individual cadets' circumstance. Scholarships are competitive at the national or campus level. The Navy ROTC scholarship entitles its recipients to full-tuition assistance or room-and-board reimbursement, as well as a textbook/fee allowance and a monthly stipend to cover the student’s living expenses.
In addition to the scholarship options offered by the Navy and Marine Corps, Norwich University also has a ROTC financial aid policy.
HOW TO APPLY to Norwich and NROTC
Current Students - Freshmen and Sophomores
At Norwich University, you can seek a Navy or Marine Corps commission in our program—even if you are currently a freshman or sophomore. You can continue to apply for a four-year national scholarship until you have 30 credits. Or you can come in as a basic standing student and apply for a three- or two-year Navy or three-, two-and-a-half or two-year scholarship with the Marine Corps.
Requirements for the Navy
- At minimum a 3.0 cumulative GPA (collegiate).
Requirements for Marine Corps
- A 1000 SAT (Math and Critical Reading, score from latest and same test), or 22 ACT Composite or 74 AFQT
- Within height/weight/body fat standard per Marine Corps Order
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Not currently on Probation or LOA
- Minimum of 1st Class PFT
Requirements of both
- Not currently pursuing or in possession of a scholarship in different ROTC Department, and must be enrolled in Naval Science Classes.
- You must be a member of the Corps of Cadets or applying for a nursing scholarship.
High school seniors
The United States Navy and Marine Corps offers outstanding high school students the opportunity to seek a commission through our rigorous and rewarding NROTC program. The Norwich University Corps of Cadets combined with our NROTC unit has an extensive history of being on the forefront in training outstanding military leaders.
Schedule an Officer Interview
How can you become part of our team?
Each year, Naval Service Training Command (NSTC) awards competitive scholarships to students who are willing to strive to be the best. You are eligible if you have excelled in academics, extra-curricular activities, athletics and leadership positions, and want to further your success by becoming an officer in the United States Navy or Marine Corps.
For an informational overview regarding Navy and Marine Corps ROTC visit https://www.netc.navy.mil/Commands/Naval-Service-Training-Command/NROTC/About/ to learn about program requirements, scholarships, and careers in the Navy and Marine Corps.