Once accepted to Norwich, coursework taken off-campus at another institution requires authorization using the Transfer (Transient) Credit Request form. Read the current Transfer Course Policy in the Academic Catalog for transfer requirements.
In general, credit is granted for courses that are:
- taken at regionally accredited, degree-granting colleges and universities
- comparable in content, nature, and intensity to course offerings in the corresponding discipline at Norwich
Credit is generally not granted for courses that:
- were taken at colleges and universities that are not regionally accredited, approved by the Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- are pre-collegiate or remedial courses; e.g., reading improvement, English/math skills courses, developmental courses
- appear on a transcript with no credit or grade assigned
To receive credit the official transcript must be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar. Institutions that can send an electronic transcript must select the appropriate Norwich transcript sending option; i.e. current student, when available but not to a personal staff member's email address or the student's email address.