Expect Challenge. Achieve Distinction.

Registrar’s Office

To get in touch with the Norwich Registrar's office, call 1 (802) 485-2035, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., or email registrar@norwich.edu

Course Catalog. Registration for Classes. Add/Drop Classes. Request Transcript. Transfer Evaluation. Degree/Enrollment Verification. Change Major. Readmission Application. Graduation. Duplicate Diploma Request. And other forms.

Article Index

Transferability of coursework taken at other institutions is determined by the Norwich University Registrar’s Office and Undergraduate Admission. Both follow Norwich-wide transfer guidelines.

Articulation Agreements

Norwich University partners with several community colleges to offer those students a transfer credit opportunity. These agreements are held with:

  • ASA Community College
  • Beaufort County Community College
  • Blue Ridge Community College
  • Bristol Community College
  • Command and General Staff College
  • Community College of Beaver County
  • Community College of Vermont
  • Dawson Community College
  • Defense Acquisition University
  • Digital Forensic Examiner Certification (DCITA)
  • Erie Community College
  • Fayetteville Tech Comm College
  • Herkimer Community College
  • Horry Georgetown Technical College
  • Hudson Valley Community College
  • Joint Special Operations University
  • Kirkwood Community College
  • Mohawk Valley Community College
  • Monroe Community College
  • Moraine Valley Community College
  • Mount Wachusett Community College
  • New England Chap. American Public Works Association
  • New Mexico Military Institute
  • NHTI Concord's Community College
  • Ocean County College
  • Raritan Valley Community College
  • SecureSet
  • South Puget Sound Community College
  • Stanly Community College
  • SUNY Onandaga Community College
  • SUNY Rockland Community College
  • Tidewater Community College
  • US Army Special Operation Command
  • Vermont Technical College
  • Vermont College of Fine Arts

Exchange Agreements

How to Get Started

Contact an admissions advisor today to learn more about how your prior education and experience can help you earn your bachelor's degree.

Interested in transferring to Norwich? Find out more about the admissions process and what to do once you’ve been accepted by contacting the Admission Office.

Applying for Admission As A Residental Transfer Student

For on-campus undergraduate students new to Norwich the transfer process begins with Admissions.

Visit Admissions - Transfer Students

Online Degree Completion

Returning to Norwich

Former on-campus undergraduate students who wish to return to Norwich should complete the Readmission Application and submit it to the Registrar’s Office. On the main Registrar’s Webpage, select forms.

Select Forms

Online Degree Completion

The Transfer Credit Equivalency look up is available to research how another college's course transfers to Norwich.

View Transfer Credit Equivalencies

Caution: while most transfer courses are accepted as noted, there are exceptions; faculty may change course content, wherein the equivalency may no longer apply. This list is not a guarantee that a course will transfer as listed rather serves as a guide for how courses have transferred in the past.

To ensure that a transfer course will be accepted at Norwich, a student should always complete the Transfer Credit Request Form prior to enrollment. The student's course is held to the current transfer policies and form approvals are retained for one-year only.

Link for a student with Norwich credential access.

Link for a student no longer with Norwich credential access. Requires account creation and cannot be a Norwich email address.

As with most other colleges and universities in the United States, credits earned at Norwich University are transferable only at the discretion of the receiving school. (Pursuant to Vermont Statutes Annotated, Title XVI, Statute 176, Sec. 1(c)(1)(C).)

Questions regarding any of this information may be emailed to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call (802) 485-2035.

Where to Start

Contact the International Center to learn about the many study abroad programs available and how to apply. The Center offers a comprehensive solution to ensure preparations and pre-approvals for course transferability is complete before leaving campus.


While You’re Away

Make sure to keep us up to date about the courses you’re taking. If your schedule changes at all from the courses you had pre-approved, you should contact us immediately at (802) 485-2035 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Before you return request that a transcript be sent directly to our office.

When You Return

If any of the courses you took abroad were not pre-approved to transfer prior to leaving, be prepared to provide course materials (syllabus, exams, papers, notes) to our office to assist in your transfer evaluation. If you have questions please contact us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or (802) 485-2035.

Where to Start

Before studying at another U.S. college or university it is important to have any classes you plan on taking preapproved to ensure they will transfer back to Norwich. The online form is available through the Norwich applications site, my.norwich.edu, on the Registrar's SharePoint site.

  • Review the Transfer Credit Equivalencies as a guide to see how courses may transfer.
    • Be aware that while most transfer courses are still accepted as noted, there are exceptions.
    • Faculty may change course content over time, wherein the equivalency may no longer apply.
  • If a course is not listed on the Transfer Guide, include the course description when submitted the transient course approval form; a syllabus is highly recommended.
    • Course descriptions are usually available on college/university websites, or in their catalogs.

View Transfer Credit Equivalencies

For questions on how to receive approval to take courses off-campus, contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call (802) 485-2035.


Will my grades or GPA from my previous institution transfer to Norwich?

No. Only credit will transfer. Your GPA is calculated using only the grades you have received at Norwich.

How is credit awarded?

Norwich University uses the semester system. All academic course work accepted for transfer will be converted into semester hours of credit by our office.

I applied, was accepted, and attended Norwich some time ago but withdrew or was academically suspended.

I now wish to return to the university. Should I apply through your office?

Former on-campus undergraduate students who wish to return to Norwich should complete the Readmission Application and submit it to the Registrar’s Office.

Download Readmission Application Form (PDF 277KB)

Former on-campus undergraduate students who were academically suspended and who wish to return to Norwich should complete the Academic Suspension Readmission Application and submit it to the Registrar’s Office.

Download Academic Suspension Readmission Application (PDF 117KB)

An examination to full a course requirement or elective will be evaluated upon receiving an official score report to the Admissions Office from the following organizations. Visit each organization’s website to obtain a score report and/or transcript.

The exam score requirement is noted either within Transfer Evaluation System (TES) or the available PDF.

The College Board — Advanced Placement (AP) and College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)

DANTES Subject Standardized Tests 

International baccalaureate (IB)

To learn more about how you might apply your IB coursework at Norwich view here (Download PDF 80K).

Cambridge Assessment International Education

To learn more about how you might apply your Cambridge Assessment exam, please send an official score report which will be assessed by the appropriate content department.


— You at Norwich —

Challenges and opportunity await; the world needs your strength, talent, grit and compassion more than ever. Following an experiential learning tradition more than 200 years strong, Norwich will prepare you to lead and serve in a career you love — in the private sector, public sector or the armed forces. We invite you to join us. Live, learn and lead at Norwich.

I'm Ready for Norwich

Norwich University admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.

Norwich University collects personal data about visitors to our website in order to improve the user experience and provide visitors with personalized information about our programs and services. By using our site, you acknowledge that you accept the information policies and practices outlined in our Privacy Policy.