We collect information to better serve your needs and to inform you of our programs. We collect personal information that you choose to give to us, as well as, other information that is automatically collected when you visit our websites and web applications.
Information you choose to provide includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- information concerning your education history, including degrees granted and universities attended and employment history;
- application information relating to Norwich University’s programs, including credit information for payment of application or deposit fees; and
- business relationship information including information related to your preferences and feedback.
We collect this information when you send it to us by various means, including but not limited to, submitting application information for our programs, requesting to be contacted by us, or responding to email requests.
We also have your information that is automatically collected when you visit our websites through web visit logs and cookies.
Web Visit Logs
We collect and store information from online visitors to help manage our sites and improve our services. This information includes the pages visited on the site, the date and time of the visit, the internet address of the referring site, the domain name and IP address from which the access occurred, the device used, the version of browser used, the capabilities of the browser, general demographics and interest categories of users, and search terms used on our search engines.
Types of cookies
- Session Cookies: Session cookies are created temporarily when a user visits a website. Once the user leaves the site/closes the browser, the session cookie is deleted.
- Persistent Cookies: A persistent cookie file remains on the user’s device and is re-activated when the user visits the website that created that particular cookie. These cookies expire after a certain period (set in the file), or can be removed manually.
- Third Party Cookies: We use Google Analytics cookies to hold information about your visit to our site. This helps us better identify the use and popularity of our pages and how successfully the website is functioning. If you do not wish us to do this, you can opt out of the Analytics service by installing an add-on for your browser. This can be found at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How do we use your information?
In general, your information is used by Norwich to contact you regarding our programs and services, as well as to improve our services.
We will also share your information with our partners to communicate with you regarding the programs we offer and to help us evaluate and review applications for entry into our programs.
How do we protect your information?
We protect your information by using encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect. This software provides a limited degree of protection against unauthorized access or disclosure, as well as accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
We protect our records in accordance with applicable Vermont and U.S. federal laws.
We do not sell or rent any of your personal information to any third party. However, we may need to disclose your personal information when required by law.
Furthermore, if you enroll in a program, to the extent the personal information you provide to us is considered an educational record under the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), it is considered confidential and is protected from disclosure under the provisions of FERPA.
At any time, you may request to discontinue receiving email communications from us about our programs by clicking on the opt-out link in the email to "unsubscribe" from further email communication.