The countdown to our in-person 2021 Commencement and Joint Commissioning ceremonies has begun! We are thrilled to be able to celebrate this important milestone in the lives of our students with a limited number of our parents, families, and guests.
Based on current guidelines established by the Vermont Forward Plan, I am pleased to provide you additional details regarding our decision to permit guests to attend:
- Norwich University will host two (2) indoor Commencement ceremonies at 9:00 a.m. and two (2) Commencement ceremonies at noon. These ceremonies will be held simultaneously at each time slot in Shapiro Fieldhouse and Kreitzberg Arena in keeping with the physical distancing guidance and COVID-19 protocols stipulated in the Vermont Forward Plan for indoor events to ensure the health and safety of the Norwich community and our guests. These ceremonies are being developed for Norwich University’s colleges and schools, with more details forthcoming in the week ahead as we work through our student preferences and guestlists.
- Norwich University’s Joint Commissioning ceremony will be held at 3 p.m. outdoors at Sabine Field.
- Graduates may invite up to two (2) guests to attend the in-person events on campus. Guests must have a ticket to attend the events. Current Norwich University undergraduate students who wish to attend must be an invited guest or serving in a volunteer capacity at the event. The ticketing process will be communicated to students and their parents and family members in the week ahead.
- For entry to the Commencement ceremony, each invited, ticketed guest must be fully vaccinated and agree to adhere to the COVID-19 protocols such as wearing masks and adherence to physical distancing requirements.
- Each invited, ticketed guest who is not fully vaccinated may observe the livestreaming commencement ceremony at a designated campus location. They must have had negative COVID-19 test within three (3) days of arriving on campus and must agree to adhere to the COVID-19 protocols including wearing masks and adherence to physical distancing requirements.
- All Commencement and Joint Commissioning events will be livestreamed for audiences unable to attend in-person.
Additional details regarding ticketing information, schedules, livestreaming information, and Commencement and Commissioning speakers will be forthcoming and will be emailed directly to students as well as posted to the 2021 Commencement website.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to plan for a safe celebration of these most significant milestones. We are doing our best to accommodate families and guests. While we must work within state guidelines, we will continue to work with our government and public health partners to provide the best possible experience for all.
Norwich Together, Norwich Forever!