Look-back story series will reflect on past year’s trials and triumphs
2020 brought change, challenges and, in its off-kilter way, reflection and celebration at Norwich University.
We welcomed President Mark C. Anarumo and said farewell to President Emeritus Richard W. Schneider after 28 years at the helm. We adapted to the coronavirus pandemic, wearing our masks, washing our hands, minding our 6-foot distance and mastering Zoom, GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar. “Can you hear me now?” and “Can you see me now?" became near catchphrases as we sat by webcams and microphones.
Through it all, Norwich’s community, true to tradition, adjusted and thrived. The Class of 2020 graduated, students commissioned into the U.S. armed forces and academic pursuits continued. We even had some fun, with the first Grit Games, online meditation classes, Campus Activities Board virtual chess tournaments and Alumni Office-arranged get-togethers.
Whether we were 6 feet or many miles apart, we were always together.
We gathered in virtual audiences to watch the Corps of Cadets’ rook class compete in the knockout drill competition, the Pegasus Players perform their virtual Halloween show and Homecoming on NUTV online. We also joined virtually to see Commencement, nursing students’ White Coat and pinning ceremonies and other milestones. Whether we were 6 feet or many miles apart, we were always together.
In the two weeks starting Monday, we’ll feature six top 10 lists looking back at 2020 in videos, photos and words. We hope you’ll look back with us.
* * *
Here’s the 2020 in Review series schedule:
- Dec. 21: Perspectives from the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies
- Dec. 23: The view from the Admissions Office
- Dec. 25: The year in video
- Dec. 28: The year in athletics
- Dec. 30: The year in photos
- Dec. 31: Highlights from the newsfeed
* * *
Join the conversation on Twitter @NorwichNews #NorwichTogether #NorwichForever #NorwichServes
- Norwich University Corps of Cadets
- Norwich University Alumni Office
- Norwich University Campus Activities Board
- Norwich’s Wastewater-Based Epidemiology Initiative heralded on radio
- Santas and soldiers and deer, oh my!
- A coat, a commitment, a celebration