NORTHFIELD, Vt. — Thousands of alumni and their guests will help Norwich University celebrate its 200th birthday during the annual Homecoming Weekend, Sept. 18-22.
The public is invited to participate in Norwich’s bicentennial by attending special commemoration events, viewing fireworks Friday night, visiting food trucks on Friday or Saturday, and attending the athletic competitions throughout the weekend.
Individuals and community groups are also encouraged to volunteer for a number of fun activities that support the success of homecoming weekend. Visit https://alumni.norwich.edu/HomecomingVolunteerInterest for a list of times and positions available.
Highlights of Homecoming 2019, open to the public:
Thursday, Sept. 19:
- 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Campus tours, Roberts Hall.
- 3-4 p.m. 200 Years - 200 Objects Exhibit Gallery Talk, Sullivan Museum, livestreamed on Facebook
- 4-6 p.m. Bicentennial Stairs Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, Behind Goodyear Hall
Friday, Sept. 20:
- 11 a.m. Campus tour, Roberts Hall.
- 2:30-3:45 p.m. Harmon Wall Rededication Ceremony, White Memorial Chapel.
- 4:15-5 p.m. Corps of Cadets Review with Retreat Parade, Upper Parade Ground.
- Dusk (approximately 9 p.m.) Fireworks display. Best viewing from Sabine Field.
NU Sports: Men’s soccer begins at 6:30 p.m. Check the schedule here.
Saturday, Sept. 21:
9:30-11 a.m. Alumni parade with NU Corps of Cadets Review, Sabine Field. Watch it on livestream https://www.nsnsports.net/colleges/norwich.
Beginning at noon, five NU fall sports teams have home games: volleyball, men’s and women’s rugby, women’s soccer and football. Check the schedule here.
1:40 p.m. Corps of Cadets Football March-On, Haynes Family Stadium at Sabine Field, to begin the historic rivalry football game against Coast Guard Academy. Livestream: https://www.norwichathletics.com/livestream
The Bicentennial Block Party will take from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Sept. 20-21 on Central Street. A dozen food trucks plus a beer tent hosted by 14th Star Brewery are open to the public. There will be live entertainment from 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. Saturday.
See the full events schedule: https://alumni.norwich.edu/HC/Schedule.