An inaugural event hosted by the Norwich University Peace and War Center.
September 17-18, 2018
Mack Hall, Norwich University
The purpose of the Peace and War Summit is to address critical global issues from an integrated policy and scholarly perspective. The central theme of the 2018 summit will be the North Korean nuclear/missile issue, a matter of critical importance for peace and stability in the United States and the East Asian region. Summit offerings will include:
- A keynote address by South Korean Consul General Yonghyon Kim on the present status of the North Korean nuclear/missile issue.
- Panels representing the U.S., China, Japan, and South Korea, highlighting contemporary scholarship on North Korea. Each panel will include a prominent scholar and four policy experts.
- A roundtable debate on the North Korean nuclear/missile issue.
- A forum for three outstanding students to present their research on peace and war.
- Cultural events sponsored by the Boston South Korean Consulate to include a screening of the film, Ode to My Father, and a special performance of traditional Korean music and dance.