As with any cold and flu season, proper hand and respiratory hygiene should be practiced to reduce exposure to and transmission of many illnesses. This includes:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water;
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough.
As always, remember that medical attention and advice are available at the Student Health Center, (802) 485-2552.
Students requiring medical attention outside the Student Health Center’s operating hours, should contact the following health care facilities:
- CVMC Emergency Department, located at 130 Fisher Road, Berlin, Vermont 05602. Open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. (802) 371-4100