Norwich University is pleased to offer the JROTC Leadership Award. This award recognizes outstanding high school students for their leadership, service, and achievements in JROTC programs.
Each year, high schools with a JROTC program may nominate up to three students for this award. All nominees accepted by Norwich will receive a scholarship valued between $8,000 and $16,000. This award has three levels: $4,000 per year, for a total of $16,000 over four years; $3,000 per year, for a total of $12,000 over four years; and $2,000 per year, for a total of $8,000 over a four year course of study.
JROTC Instructor endorsements should rank their submissions one through three based on the student’s performance as a member of the JROTC unit, with the number one ranking being awarded to that student recommended for the $16,000 scholarship.
Participation in this program is open to all secondary schools with a JROTC unit. Schools who wish to participate must submit the online nomination forms before January 31st.
- Be a high school senior participating in a JROTC program at the time of nomination,
- Complete the following by the time they graduate from high school:
- Four years of English
- Four years of math
- Three to four years of laboratory science
- Three years of social science
- Apply to and enroll at Norwich University for the Fall term following their graduation from High School.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in their degree program as defined by Norwich University.
Students are encouraged, but not required, to be a member of the Corps of Cadets at Norwich if they receive this scholarship.
Students receiving tuition benefits provided by Norwich University or its partners are not eligible.
For more information on other Norwich-funded scholarships and awards, some of which may be combined with the JROTC Leadership Award, visit https://www.norwich.edu/financial-aid/scholarships.