GenCyber @ NU
Advanced Cyber Forensics Camp
Coming Summer 2021 • Free for all participants!
UPDATE APRIL 6, 2020: We Received official word from the NSA that all of the GenCyber camps will be canceled for summer 2020. Thankfully, the grant awards will be extended for 2 years so that these campus can take place in summer 2021.
Interested in getting involved in information security and digital forensics? Want to learn how to defend against cyber attacks and protect yourself online? Learn how the pros investigate hi-tech crimes by becoming a cyber sleuth!
Attended GenCyber camps in the past? Successfully defended your business in CyberPatriot? Learn how the pros investigate digital evidence in Norwich’s Advanced Cyber Forensics Camp!
GenCyberForensics@NU takes 24 campers into a weeklong, deep dive of the cyber realm, learning how to analyze digital evidence with tools used by police forces around the world. Gain hands-on experience with mobile-phone forensics (including installing custom ROMs on a phone you’ll get to keep), PCs, and a special surprise, tackling challenges with the state-of-the-art Internet of Things.
- Introduction to Cyber Forensics: Learn about the different jobs you can do within forensics, and get a sense of each.
- Deep-dive: Enjoy detailed training with hands-on exercises in several tools used for analyzing computers and mobile devices – with the opportunity to take an industry-recognised certification exam!
- Follow the breadcrumbs: Including Norwich’s digital detective whodunit! Did we mention you get to keep the mobile phone?
- Guest Speakers: Experts will present “hot topics” in forensics and facilitate a Q&A about life as a forensic specialist.
- Competitive Exercises: Surprise cyber forensic challenges with prizes awarded to the winners.
GenCyberForensics participants will be provided with the hardware and software to create their own mobile forensics and security assessment tools!
GenCyber@NU and GenCyberForensics@NU are funded by a grant from the National Security Agency and National Science Foundation—and is FREE for attending students. All expenses for the week-long program, including tuition, room and board, and applicable local commuting to and from the Norwich University campus, field trips, and other program fees are at no cost to GenCyber participants. Prior cyber experience (CyberPatriot, past GenCyber camps, CtF competitions, etc.) will be considered.