Early March 2022
April 29, 2022 (Friday)
- There will be a rehearsal for Commencement at 10 a.m. Friday, April 29 in Shapiro Field House. Graduates must meet at Andrews Gym at 9:30 a.m. Attendance is required.
- There will be a Joint Commissioning rehearsal at 11:30 a.m. Friday, April 29 in Shapiro Field House. Commissionees must arrive at 11 a.m. Attendance is required.
April 30, 2022 (Saturday)
- Graduates must arrive at Andrews Gym at 9 a.m. for check-in.
- All graduates are required to wear appropriate “business casual” attire underneath academic regalia.
- During the ceremony, caps/mortarboards are removed by all students for the National Anthem; students should plan accordingly if they intend to pin on their caps/mortarboards. Students wearing academic regalia are not permitted to decorate their mortarboards.
Memorabilia & Gifts
Announcements & War Whoop Tributes: Graduation announcements and War Whoop yearbook tributes may be ordered directly through Jostens.
Gifts: The Norwich University Bookstore and the Norwich Alumni Office offer a wide array of gifts, including diploma frames and commemorative gifts. The bookstore is located on the ground floor of Wise Campus Center and will be open the following hours during Commencement & Commissioning weekend:
- Friday, April 29, 2022 | 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, April 30, 2022 | 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, May 1, 2022 | 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Graduation Photos: Official graduation portraits are taken at the Commencement ceremony, directly after graduates receive their diploma. Both senior and graduate portraits are available for order directly from Ericson Photography.
Yearbooks: Copies of the 2022 War Whoop yearbook will be available for order directly through Jostens. Books will ship in late fall 2022.
Student Dress Code
Depending on the graduating student’s lifestyle, graduates will wear academic regalia, Corps Uniform of the Day, or the dress uniform of their service if they are an active-duty service member, Reservist, or in the National Guard. If you are in doubt about which uniform is prescribed, verify with the senior ranking member of the ROTC unit for your service.
Corps uniforms, pins and laundering, pressing and tailoring services are available at the Uniform Store. Corps graduates may wear academic honor society medallions, ribbons, badges, honor cords and/or other awards.
Academic regalia is ordered in March from Jostens. Academic regalia orders and pick-up are coordinated by the university bookstore. Graduates wearing academic regalia are required to wear appropriate business casual attire underneath academic regalia. During the Commencement ceremony, caps/mortarboards are removed by all students for the national anthem. Students should plan accordingly if they intend to pin their caps on. Students wearing academic regalia are not permitted to decorate their cap in any way.
Residential Halls: Move-Out
All graduates, including on-campus residential students, are permitted to stay on campus through noon Sunday, May 1, to allow graduates time to depart.
The Goodyear Gate on the Upper Parade Ground will remain open during the day on Saturday, April 30, for students to pack vehicles to leave campus. The parade ground’s circular drive will remain open for one-way traffic flow.
The Upper Parade Ground will be roped off with traffic stations to deter large gatherings. No celebrations will be permitted on the Upper Parade Ground. Student Affairs staff will monitor the area and help students check out of their barracks.