2021 William E. Colby Award
The submission period for the 2021 Colby Award has closed.
THE COLBY AWARD recognizes a FIRST WORK of fiction or nonfiction that has made a major contribution to the understanding of military history, intelligence operations, or international affairs. A $5,000 author honorarium is provided to the award winner through the generosity of the Chicago-based Pritzker Military Foundation. The award and honorarium will be presented at Norwich University during the 2021 NU Military Writers’ Symposium in fall 2021.
To qualify for consideration for the 2021 Colby Award:
1. The book must be a FIRST WORK by the author, published between January 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020.
2. Submissions must be received no later than December 31, 2020.
3. Self-nominations are not accepted.
4. The Colby Award winner must be present at the 2021 symposium at Norwich University in fall 2021 and participate in an appearance at the Pritzker Military Museum & Library in Chicago based upon the author’s schedule.
Submissions must include:
- Ten (10) copies of the book
- Ten (10) copies of the nomination form
- A certified or company check in the amount of sixty dollars ($60.00) per submission, payable to: Norwich University Colby Award.
Send entries to:
Norwich University Colby Award
158 Harmon Drive
Northfield VT 05663