PAST ARC EVENTSVIRTUAL DISCUSSION
“Exploring Resilience Among Community Mental Health & Wellness”
Thursday, November 12, 2020 | 7 p.m.
Creative expression and performance can help to navigate challenges associated with mental health. Especially for vulnerable communities like veterans, or during moments of extreme and uncertainty and stress like COVID-19, the arts can be a resource to bolster individual and community resilience.
Dr. Jeff Casey, Executive Director, Assistant Professor of Theatre and Theatre Director, Norwich University
Dr. Patti Ferreira, Professor of English, Norwich University
Stephan Wolfert, MFA, U.S. Army Veteran, RYT-200
Dawn Stern, COO of De-Cruit
Dr. Kaitlin Thomas, Assistant Professor of Spanish, Norwich University
“Riverfront Views vs. Functional Floodplains in Vermont”
Thursday, October 15, 2020 | 12 p.m.
“Employment and Economic Resilience in Vermont”
Tuesday, August 25, 2020 | 12 p.m.
Panelists and participants discussed how Vermont ensures the resilience of economics and employment. With a workforce in declining numbers coupled with the consequences of a pandemic, what does economic and employment resilience look like? How does it manifest, and what challenges does it present to Vermonters of all backgrounds?
- Paul Costello, Executive Director, Vermont Council on Rural Development
- Chris Koliba, Professor, Community Development & Applied Economic and President’s Fellow for Engagement, University of Vermont
- Melinda Petre, Lecturer of Economics, Dartmouth College
- Dan Alcorn, Assistant Professor of Economics, Norwich University
- Kaitlin Thomas, Assistant Professor of Spanish, Norwich University
Funded by High Meadows Fund.