The Center for Global Resilience and Security (CGRS) brings Norwich University’s unique strengths in leadership, security, experiential education, and perseverance to resilient community building. Our work centers on human resilience.
OUR VALUES are grounded in the guiding values of Norwich University, as well as the vision and mission of the center. They include the following:
- We see passion, curiosity, creative thinking, and collaborative problem solving as our primary tenets.
- We respect diverse points of view as a cornerstone of our democracy.
- We bring our commitment, expertise, and professionalism, as well as our enthusiasm, empathy, and thoughtfulness in answering the global calls to action.
- We hold in highest esteem our people and reputation.
- We live the Norwich motto—I will try!—meaning perseverance in the face of adversity. We will use this to build resiliency in our communities.