Located at the base of Paine Mountain, just 500 steps from the Wise Campus Center, the Shaw Outdoor Center offers free use of outdoor recreational equipment and access to the Paine Mountain trail system for hiking, mountain biking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, trail running, and more. There are also opportunities for paintball, disc golf, ice climbing, sledding, and camping in the wilderness.
Your outdoor play is just 500 steps away!
We’re eager to help facilitate and improve your outdoor recreation experience. Check out our new fall hours and calendar of skills courses and activities.
HOURS & LOCATION
Weekdays Noon – 6 p.m.
Weekends 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
On the Paine Mountain hillside, off Crescent Avenue.
ACTIVITIES & PROGRAMS
- How to Fix-A-Flat tire, 4:30-5:30 p.m., 9/27
- Mountain Biking Intro, 10 a.m.-noon, 9/29
- Mountain Biking Intro (women only), 4:30-6:30 p.m., 10/4
- Disc Golf essentials, 4:30-6:30 p.m., 10/5
- Guided Mountain Bike Ride, 10 a.m.-noon, 10/6
- Canoe & Kayak foliage paddle, noon-4 p.m., 10/6 (field trip)
- Levy Challenge, all day, 10/7
- Guided Mountain Bike Ride, 10 a.m.-noon, 10/13
- Disc Golf on a beautiful local course, noon-4 p.m., 10/13
- Guided Mountain Bike Ride (women only), 10 a.m.-noon, 10/14
Everything on this list is FREE!
Many more Activities & Courses through the end of the semester.
Main Office: 1 (802) 485-4032
Equipment Sign-Outs: 1 (802) 485-4030