- Is an iPad required?
- Yes, the purchase of the Norwich University iPad is required for all incoming students.
- What if I already have an iPad?
- Special apps and tools that are specific to Norwich will be pre-loaded for you to use in the classroom and your assignments. You can still bring your personal iPad but you are still required to purchase one from the University.
- When will I get my iPad?
- Starting the first week of March, 2020, all enrolled students living within the US will receive their iPad in the mail. Students living outside of the US will receive their iPad during Orientation.
- What do I get besides the iPad?
- Students will receive a Generation 7 iPad, a case and a pencil.
- What accessories do you recommend purchasing for the iPad?
- If you wish to use your iPad to complete assignments, we recommend purchasing a keyboard.
- Do I need a laptop?
- Technology demands vary significantly among academic majors. While the iPad is intended to enhance all students’ resources for learning, a computer may still be needed. All incoming students are encouraged to seek input from their home department or faculty in their major before purchasing new equipment for the fall.
- How much does the iPad cost?
- The iPad costs $550 and is paid over the first two semesters.
- Our labs are available to all students.
- Students have access to Office365 including email, internet, printing, library systems, and discipline-specific applications.
Provided to Students Upon Arrival
- Wired (one active port per student) and Wireless access. Norwich recommends the use of wired network access while in the dorm.
Personal Computer (PC) / Macintosh (Mac) Desktop / Laptop Recommendations
- Wireless access/Ethernet cable. Norwich recommends each student bring an Ethernet cable to campus for use in the dorms.
- USB drives to store and transport data. We do provide access to Office365, and OneDrive, but it is always a good idea to back up.
- Printer-USB or locally attached printers only; wireless personal printing is not available.
- Norwich recommends regularly backing up important data to an external source, such as OneDrive.
Contact your program for major-specific software/hardware requirements.
- Online portal for students and faculty. This is the central hub for all information once you are on campus.
- Library catalog search.
- Password/usernames sent to students upon acceptance. Please bring account sheets to Norwich.
- Helpdesk – Agents are available by phone every weekday from 7am to 5pm. The Help Desk door is open from 8:00AM until 4:30PM.
- NUCERT – Student Computer Repair Center (Free Service):
- Hardware/software support (limited hardware services available-varies based on the situation).
- Open weekdays from 2:00PM until 5:00PM, staffed by students.
- Phone: (802) 485-2456 or toll free at 866-248-3853