Division III athletics
Division III schools place highest priority on the overall quality of the educational experience and on the successful completion of all students' academic programs. They seek to establish and maintain an environment that values cultural diversity and gender equity among their student-athletes and athletics staff.
What Division III offers
- Opportunities to become well-rounded individuals who successfully integrate athletics and academics. Student-athletes are integrated into the student body, and they experience the full range of college life.
- Athletes who receive no financial aid related to their athletic skills and athletic departments that are staffed and funded like any other department in the university.
- Places special importance on the impact of athletics on the participants rather than on the spectators. The student-athlete's experience is of paramount concern.
- Encourages the development of sportsmanship and positive social attitudes. Coaches and players treat each other with respect and administrators work to foster a positive competitive environment.
- Commitment to providing equitable athletics opportunities for both genders and giving equal emphasis to men's and women's sports.
- Encourages participation by maximizing the number and variety of athletics opportunities available to student-athletes, placing primary emphasis on regional in-season and conference competition.
For more information about Division III, please see the official NCAA website's DIII page