Norwich is unusual in higher education because we focus in on a set of defined and shared values. We stand for something.
It is our intention that all students, faculty, and staff will be guided by these values.
The values give us all a common denominator, a set of expectations upon which we all agree, and they help to form the very close bond between our students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Read through them. We hope that you will agree that people with these values can’t help but become leaders in all fields of endeavor.
- We are men and women of honor and integrity. We shall not tolerate those who lie, cheat, or steal.
- We are dedicated to engaged teaching and learning, emphasizing teamwork, leadership, creativity, and critical thinking.
- We respect and embrace diverse points of view as a cornerstone of our democracy.
- We encourage service to nation and others before self.
- We stress being physically fit and drug free.
- To live the Norwich motto, — “I will try!” — meaning perseverance in the face of adversity.
- We stress self-discipline, personal responsibility, and respect for law.
- We hold in highest esteem our people and reputation.