Facilities and Uniforms
The Norwich campus
Future Leader Camp is conducted at Norwich University, which is located on 1,200 acres in the Green Mountains of Vermont. Participants reside in a college dorm and sleep two to a room. Meals are served in the Wise Campus Center. On training days when we are away from the main campus, participants are issued Meals-Ready-to-Eat (MREs).
Norwich has terrific facilities, including a climbing wall, rappel tower, indoor swimming pool, gymnasiums, classroom facilities and more. Most training is conducted outdoors where we have access to plenty of fields, mountains, forested areas and the Dog River. Participants also travel to Deer Leap Mountain for rappelling, the Green Mountain Climbing Club and Mt. Ascutney for hiking.
Participants are issued uniforms to facilitate training and create an atmosphere of camaraderie, and keep them after camp. Each participant will receive:
- 2 pairs—Camouflage fatigue pants
- 1 each—Black web belt and buckle
- 3 each—Brown T-shirts with logo and last name
- 1 each—Gold T-shirt with logo and last name
- 1 each—Black T-shirt with logo and last name
- 2 pairs—Black shorts
- 1 each—Black pullover sweatshirt with logo and last name
- 1 each—Camouflage Boonie hat
- 1 each—FLC dog tag