Future Leader Camp is open to both male and female students who will enter the 10th, 11th or 12th grade or those students accepted to Norwich University following camp. Applicants should possess a minimum GPA of 2.5 (if below 2.5, please contact the FLC office for further instruction) and meet other physical requirements.
A complete application includes:
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript
- A list of all academic, leadership, extracurricular, school & community activities & accomplishments (on a separate piece of paper).
- A $25 non-refundable application fee – Pay by credit card HERE!
- A letter of recommendation addressing the applicant’s academic abilities and leadership potential. Applicants should seek recommendations from guidance counselors, teachers, coaches, ministers, employers or troop leaders.
- Medical Release & Waiver (PDF)
- Health Acknowledgement Form; (PDF) can send a current signed physical that does not expire before the end of camp in place of the doctor’s signature
Completed packets should be emailed (email@example.com), faxed (802.485.2739) or mailed to:
Future Leader Camp
27 I.D. White Avenue
Northfield, VT 05663
Secure your spot – Apply early!
When your application is approved, you will receive a letter of acceptance and a packing list. A non-refundable $250 deposit is required to reserve your room and order uniforms. Your deposit should be returned as soon as possible or pay online by credit card HERE!. If traveling by air, train or bus, please include an actual copy of your itinerary. The application fee and deposit are included in the total cost of the camp.
Students who attend a Norwich University Future Leaders Camp in the summer as high school sophomores or juniors are eligible for a $2,000 Future Leaders Camp (FLC) Scholarship that will apply to Norwich University tuition for each of 4 years! That’s a total award of $8,000!!* (see below for details)
Vermont Residents: You are eligible for a $500 scholarship towards the cost of FLC! Contact us for further information.
Norwich University is a non-profit organization. Our programs are priced to cover actual expenses. Therefore, we offer limited scholarships or financial aid.
If you really want to attend FLC, here are some suggestions that have worked for other participants, families, units and high schools:
- Ask school officials to fund part or all of the tuition
- Contact local organizations such as the American Legion
- Conduct fundraisers with fellow students and families
- Ask your unit commander to contact area business leaders
- Earn the money with a part-time job
Begin your application online:
*In order to remain eligible for the scholarship, students must be enrolled full-time and maintain satisfactory progress toward their degree as defined in the Norwich University catalog. This scholarship may be added to other academic merit scholarships received.
FLC Scholars who are also eligible to receive the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) Scholarships from Norwich University will receive the CAP leadership scholarship which has a greater value. The student does not retain both awards.
Students may not receive more than one 4-year FLC award. 1 or 2 years of camp attendance will yield one 4-year scholarship at $2,000 per year.