Developing a strategic online presence will help you market yourself and create brand consistency across all platforms. Employers expect to find information about you online, so make it count! Consider creating an online portfolio or website to supplement your resume!
Having an online presence through both social media and through an online portfolio or website can help to bolster your search engine optimization and help you to shine even brighter in a pool of candidates! There are a variety of sites that you can use to build your website such as:
- Adobe Portfolio
We know that you like having your Snapchat, Whisper and Secret accounts for just you. However, using social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, Twitter or Facebook, to market your brand is also a great strategy!
LinkedIn is another great platform to establish your professional self and make connections! Recruiters search LinkedIn daily for potential candidates.
- Learn how to set up an account with The Ultimate LinkedIn Guide.
- Explore the capabilities of LinkedIn through these informative resources.
- Check out these great LinkedIn Tips.
- Be sure to tap into the LinkedIn alumni network.
- Join groups related to your field of interest and participate in the discussions. Reach out to people in your field and ask them about their professional experience.