Studying Abroad

Where to Start

  • Contact the International Center to learn about the many study abroad programs available and how to apply.
  • Contact our office (call us at 802-485-2035, stop in to Jackman 328, or email us at to review how you can ensure that your courses will transfer.
  • The only way to guarantee your courses will transfer is to ensure that all courses you take are pre-approved by completing the Transfer Credit Request Form prior to leaving and submitting it to our office.

While You’re Away

  • Courses change. You may decided to add or drop classes once abroad, or your schedule may change based on placement tests. Make sure to keep us up to date about the courses you’re taking. If your schedule changes at all from the courses you had pre-approved, you should contact us immediately at (802)485-2035 or
  • Before you return make sure to request that a transcript be sent directly to our office. It is much easier to request a transcript while you are still at an institution than after you have returned.

When You Return

  • If any of the courses you took abroad were not pre-approved to transfer prior to leaving, be prepared to provide course materials (syllabus, exams, papers, notes) to our office to assist in your transfer evaluation. If you have questions about which courses you may need to provide course materials for please contact us at or (802) 485-2035.

Connect with us

Norwich University
158 Harmon Drive
Northfield, VT 05663 USA
802.485.2000 | 1.800.468.6679
Copyright © 2018 Norwich University - all rights reserved