Frequently Asked Questions

Office Undergraduate (On Campus) email:
Office Graduate or Online Undergraduate email:

How do I request an Official Academic Transcript?

By federal law all academic information must be requested by the student via a signed request. Transcripts must be ordered electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.  You can order transcripts at the link below.

Order Transcripts

back to top

How do I register for classes?

New students are registered for their first term classes by the Registrar’s office. Engineering students are registered by the David Crawford School of Engineering.

Returning students must meet with their assigned academic advisor prior to registration who will provide a PIN for students to use online through your account to register/drop/add classes.  The PIN remains the same from the point of registration through the sixth day of the term.  PIN’s are changed every semester so you will need to meet with your advisor prior to every registration period

Non-matriculated (non-degree seeking) students complete a Registration Non-Degree Seeking form (PDF).

Course schedules for future semesters are posted at the top center of the Registrar’s office website once they are available for viewing.

back to top

How do I get Attendance/Enrollment Certification for loan deferral, parents’ medical insurance, or ski/snowboard season passes?

***Current Students can now self-print Enrollment Certifications through Banner Web for Free***

Effective April 7, 2015 a new “Transcripts Request/Enrollment Certificate” link has been added to the list on the “student” tab in BannerWeb. Clicking this link with take the student directly to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) site. At the NSC site students can self-print their own Enrollment Certifications (to verify enrollment) at no charge. The Enrollment Certifications will print on NSC letterhead. This means students no longer need to request the Registrar’s Office to prepare Enrollment Certification letters.

Former Students

Please complet and return the Enrollment Certification Request Form. There is also an option for former student to go online and, for a small fee, go through the National Student Clearinghouse for a quicker response than the manual process in the Registrar’s Office.


back to top

How may I receive a copy of my child’s academic grades?

By federal law, all academic information must be requested by the student with a signature. If a student has completed the electronic FERPA Release form via Banner Web,  to allow parents or other parties to see/discuss their academic information, then it may be requested by a parent. Information will not be provided over the phone, because there is no way to identify the person on the phone. This type of information may be sent through the US mail to the permanent address of the parent.

The easiest way for a parent to receive this information is directly from their student through the student’s my.norwich Banner Web account.

back to top

How may credits from another institution or national testing service may be transferred to Norwich to meet degree requirements?

An official transcript is required to determine if courses taken elsewhere will be accepted at Norwich University. All transfer credit acceptance is subject to approval and our transfer credit policy. Official Transcripts must be sent to the Norwich University Registrar’s Office in a sealed envelope by US mail, Electronic Clearinghouse or emailed directly from the sending institution. If emailed, the sending institution must email the Registrar’s Office a password protected pdf with the password sent in a seperate email. Unsealed, opened or faxed transcripts are not considered official and will not be accepted by the Registrar’s Office.

Types of Transfer Credit

For practical purposes, there are four types of transfer credit of interest in the transfer process:

  • Credits for major requirements and college-specific courses
  • Credit for general education or baccalaureate degree required courses
  • Credits for free electives
  • Exams scores equated to Norwich courses (AP, CLEP)

Evaluation of Transfer Credit

In some cases, transferring credits for a course is extremely simple. If a previous student has completed the same course and transferred it to NU, the course has already been through the evaluation process.

Our pre-approved transfer credit list contains all credit previously transfered in and what it will transfer in as. If you do not see your course on the list, it does not mean it will or will not transfer, but it will need to be evaluated by the appropriate faculty for approval.

Transfer credit will only be awarded for courses completed successfully with a grade of C or higher.  Nursing courses require a C+ or higher grade to transfer.

Futher information about transfer credit.

Transcripts can be sent to:


Norwich University Registrar’s Office
ATTN: Amy Holt
158 Harmon Drive
Northfield, VT 05663


back to top

How do I start the use of my Veteran Benefits at Norwich?

All information to apply and be certified to use veteran benefits is on under the Veterans Administration Benefits link on the Registrar’s Website.

Please contact the Assistant Registrar and Certifying Official at the time of application or 2 to 4 weeks prior to the start of the semester.

back to top

What is the Degree Evaluation/Audit?

The degree evaluation is the tool used to determine if a student has met all degree requirements for graduation.

Students should run their degree evaluation:

  1. prior to the advisement period each semester
  2. after online registration each semester
  3. after any drop/add registration activity
  4. after the grading process has been completed for any semester or summer term
  5. after the addition of any transfer credit to their academic history

A degree may not be awarded unless:

  1. the GPA is a 2.000 or higher.
  2. there are NO RED “NOs”, with one exception – an “OR” condition will always contain one or more red “NOs”, because only one course is required to meet the requirement.

back to top

Connect with us

Norwich University
158 Harmon Drive
Northfield, VT 05663 USA
802.485.2000 | 1.800.468.6679
Copyright © 2016 Norwich University - all rights reserved