Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Norwich University, located in Northfield, Vermont, invites candidates to apply for the position of Assistant Athletic Trainer. This is a full time, 10-month staff position with benefits. Norwich is a Division III member of the NCAA, supporting 20 varsity intercollegiate teams.
To assist the Head Athletic Trainer in the following areas:
1. Coordinating the daily operation of all Athletic Training facilities
2. Evaluation of athletic injuries.
3. Developing & implementing effective therapeutic & rehabilitation programs.
4. Medical record documentation.
5. Provide coverage for home practices and games as assigned.
6. Travel to away contests as assigned.
7. Work under the direction of the University Physicians with respect to appropriate injury management.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
1. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
2. Certification by the NATABOC.
3. Candidates must be eligible for licensure as an athletic trainer in the State of Vermont.
4. Certification in First Aid, CPR & AED required.
In addition to your cover letter, resume, and Norwich application, please include contact information for three (3) references. Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. The anticipated starting date is June 1, 2013.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Assistant Athletic Trainer Search, via email: email@example.com.
April 25, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)