Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Office Manager - Internal Candidates Only
The Alumni & Family Relations Office Manager is the backbone of day-to-day operations and serves as the primary support for the staff in the Alumni Office. He/she is responsible for the coordination of processes, procedures and resources in order to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Office Manager is one of the first lines of contact for alumni, families and volunteers and is considered the ‘go-to’ person for all-things-Norwich. He/she works closely with the program directors across the Development & Alumni Relations team.
General Office Management:
• Primary resource for alumni office staff and various constituents seeking information on campus happenings, policies, and activities that affect DAR, and the broader Norwich community, alumni, parents and other constituents seeking information.
• Backup to Administrative Assistant for telephone, general e-mail and office coverage, plus postal mail and other errands around campus.
• Maintain templates for standard functions (reports, web pages, invitations, planning sheets, etc)
• Knowledgeable of Raisers Edge and NUX in order to update contact information, name and address changes, births, activities, email, rank, etc. and generate lists for communications to classes, clubs, parents and other constituents
• Maintain Office appearance, seasonal décor, etc.
• Train and supervise Administrative Assistant in NUX, Raisers Edge, Microsoft Suite, NU Calendar, etc.
• Oversee Administrative Assistant’s workload and performance, providing support, guidance and resources in order to increase job knowledge and success.
• Oversee Work Study students’ activities and track work hours.
• Create and monitor event budgets for larger events.
• Maintain knowledge of org and accounting codes
• Prepare invoices, requisitions, contracts, vendor set-ups, W9s, etc for payment through Banner
• Oversee sales transactions, sales records and inventory purchases. Process relevant paperwork, including online credit card (P Card)
• Deposit monies daily; gifts to AGS, maintain relevant procedures and documentation.
• Maintain monthly budget reports for departments in the Alumni Office as well as the NU Alumni Association and Parents & Family Association.
• Complete all sales transactions, develop and maintain sales records and inventory, process relevant paperwork, online credit card (P Card) and deposits according to NU accounting policy.
• Process Ecommerce deposits to balance with EOD file and AGS, Class relations and Event POCs.
• Maintain files on all NU club logistics including invoices, attendee lists, direct mail samples, budget reports and other relevant information.
• Primary contact for non-strategic NU club initiatives (i.e. monthly socials, happy hours, dinners)
• Work with Event POCs as needed to determine event needs including timeline, budget, design, information delivery, mailings, signage, event supplies and giveaways, on-site staffing, evaluation and the completion of all related paperwork.
• Be knowledgeable of events details for phone or email questions, organization and inventory of club giveaways.
The successful candidate will be customer service oriented and communicate well with a variety of constituents in person, on the phone and via email. He/she must have excellent organizational skills, the ability to work independently, juggle multiple projects, work well under pressure and meet deadlines. Computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Raisers Edge data management, accounts payable and receivable (Banner) is required. The Office Manager must be able to supervise and mentor the Administrative Assistant and Work Study students, delegating responsibility where appropriate and clearly articulating expectations. He/she must model professional and positive behavior at all times, and exemplify Norwich University’s guiding values of respect, integrity and accountability. Ability to work occasional evening and weekend events is also required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Office Manager Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 10, 2014
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)