Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Student Services Advisor
The Student Services Advisor is responsible for monitoring and enhancing student satisfaction in the virtual classrooms; serving as the primary point of contact for student services, student advocacy, and problem-solving student issues.
1. Support students and programs.
2. Monitor classroom participation of both students and instructors.
3. Handle student concerns according to CGCS policy.
4. Gather and interpret information from classrooms and through direct student contact to identify issues, potential crises and warning signs; anticipate academic and administrative needs.
5. Solve and resolve issues; provide technical, administrative, and customer-care support; intervene and/or communicate between students and instructors; escalate or forward issues as appropriate.
6. Conduct course clone checking.
7. Maintain accurate and up-to-date student contact information.
8. Participate in CGCS teams as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree and three years experience in a customer-focused environment.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
3. Excellent people and advocacy skills.
4. Attention to detail.
5. Experience with office/business applications.
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
SSA Search, via email: email@example.com.
Sep. 20, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)