Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Assistant Editor/Writer - Part Time
Part-time, 20 hours/week position responsible for informing and engaging internal and external audiences, and raising the public profile of Norwich University. The Assistant Editor/Writer is part of a creative team that works to tell Norwich’s remarkable story through a variety of publications and online platforms.
• Identifying, researching and developing features for The Norwich Record, the quarterly alumni magazine;
• Developing content for Norwich’s Annual Report;
• Conducting interviews, either in person, over the phone or via email;
• Writing copy and features for a variety of internal and external publications; print advertising and broadcast scripts; print brochures, newsletters and other collateral; tag lines; web content; promotional letters and media releases.
• Collaborating with colleagues on the content and character of publications;
• Keeping up to date with campus initiatives and developments for inclusion in the magazine’s subject matter.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or a related field, and a minimum of two years' professional writing experience. He/she must have strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, able to work independently and meet deadlines. The Assistant Editor/Writer must be inquisitive, demonstrate research skills, determination and persistence. He/she must be able to adapt their writing style for online journalism and have a familiarity with commonly used software such as HTML, Photoshop, WordPress and InDesign. He/she must model professional and positive behavior at all times, and exemplify Norwich University’s guiding values of respect, integrity and accountability.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing samples and/or portfolio of work , and Norwich application to Assistant Editor Search, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sep. 16, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)