Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Jr. Research Analyst
The Jr. Research Analyst works under the Marketing and Research Director to carry out routine research and analysis responsibilities and special research projects for the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies in an effort to support strategic decision making regarding program growth and realignment with market demands.
1. Perform Internet-based searches that aid in program growth and realignment.
2. Learn to use IPEDs data and perform searches of competitor program enrollments.
3. Using Google Insights and Google Key Word tools help estimate the level of interest in potential program offerings.
4. Learn to use the Burning Glass Labor Insight Tool and assist the Innovation Engineering team, and other CGCS staff in:
a. Working closely with the IE team leaders and Marketing and Research Director to prioritize Labor Insight work flows
b. Running analyses for potential new program offerings and program realignment
c. Examining other staff members analyses and either demonstrating how they can be improved and/or conducting further independent analysis
d. Tying results related to project objectives and make recommendations for a course of action
e. Serving as the power user/mentor of the Labor Insight tool for a 6-user license
5. Program survey instruments developed by the Marketing and Research Director primarily, and other CGCS staff as needed, in Survey Monkey and Cvent
a. Create reports in Excel and/or PowerPoint
6. Observe and possibly conduct in-depth interviews, focus groups other qualitative research and prepare summary reports
a. Must have a desire to learn qualitative research techniques and data interpretation
b. Must be able to write summary reports with recommendations that tie back to the project objectives
7. Perform market scans using secondary data sources
a. Must have an understanding of how to use secondary data sources to compile and interpret information surrounding SGCS competitors, and potential SGCS degree programs
b. Will need to make recommendations on our College and programs’ key differentiators, along with that of our competition
1. Maintain library of current and past SGCS survey instruments, reports, and data sets.
2. Provide support for SGCS teams.
3. Serve as a team member as directed by the Marketing and Research Director.
Bachelor’s degree in communication, English, social sciences, business, journalism and/or research-related field with course work in statistics and research methods; strong writing and graphical presentation skills; and demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of products, especially: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with statistical software (e.g., SPSS, STATA, SAS) and graphic design skills a plus. In addition, we seek someone with excellent communication skills and who will function as a team-player in a fast-paced environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Jr. Research Analyst Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 24, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)