Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Academic Assistant - CGCS
The position reports to the Associate Registrar of CGCS and performs global customer service to CGCS staff, faculty, students, alumni, and outside agencies. It works as a member of the CGCS Registrar’s Office team to accomplish the business and registrarial functions within the CGCS environment. This position resides at the CGCS location and aids the college in the Online Real-time Information World of offering academic services.
Responsibilities and Duties may include but not limited to:
• CGCS Registrar’s Office front line customer service for all in-person, telephone, & email communications concerning registrar-related items
. Write student letters of enrollment certification for employers.
• Process CGCS applications, re-admits, full withdrawals, registrations, drop/adds, academic petitioning, enrollment certification, and maintenance of all aspects of student academic electronic files
• Provide maintenance of CGCS student academic electronic files to include OnBase direct transmitting, scanning/indexing, and updating of all office and student academic records
• Understand and interpret FERPA and the University FERPA Policy
. Process CGCS grade changes/send email notification to student.
. CGCS Official academic transcript production
• Assist with completion of enrollment verifications in VA Once portal for up to 400 students each session
• Creation of Argos reports used to retrieve data out of the Banner software system, then Excel worksheet, manipulate datato meet need
• Produce regular enrollment, student status, and graduation reports for CGCS and other university constituents
• Printing of CGCS diplomas
• Provide support at CGCS residency and graduation
• Use of Microsoft word for letters, memos, and office forms
• Proof catalog and website content prior to web site posting
• Full working knowledge and understanding of FERPA
• Veteran online enrollment certification
• Supportive services of purchasing documents and credit card matching of receipts
• Basic understanding of how academic credits are transferred into the institution
• Editing and updating of registrarial and academic forms/information on the CGCS web site
• Continuous training on the changing world of the web and software environments that comes with new technology and software updates
Experience with Microsoft Office suite of software programs is required
Customer Service experience required
Desired background in teamwork, independent decision-making, and judgment skills
Higher education and military experience preferred.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Academic Assistant Search, via email: email@example.com.
March 24, 2015
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)