Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
CAM & Peer Tutor Program Assistant
The Academic Achievement Center [AAC] has an opening for a part-time, temporary Program Assistant to support its CAM-Peer Tutor Program Coordinator. Under the direction of the AAC’s CAM-Peer Tutor Program Coordinator, the Program Assistant would primarily provide administrative and logistical support for the Peer-Tutor Program and the Corps and Civilian Academic Mentor (CAM) Program. The Program Assistant might also be assigned administrative support tasks at the AAC beyond these two programs. This is a half-time position that is projected to run from January to August 2013. Some schedule flexibility may be required.
1. Provide administrative support for data gathering, entry, and evaluation for the Peer Tutoring Program.
2. Assist the Coordinator in communication with Peer Tutors, tutees, and campus stakeholders regarding scheduling, room reservation, and recruitment.
3. Assist the Coordinator in monitoring and confirming Peer Tutor sessions, both individual and group.
4. Assist Coordinator and Student Leaders with preparation of materials for CAM Program curriculum and trainings.
5. Provide support for organizing, scheduling, and managing CAM Program trainings and events.
6. Provide administrative support to AAC staff when needed, to include scheduling appointments with tutors and staffing the reception desk when vacant.
1. The Program Assistant should have experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, as well as familiarity with Banner and Argos. Knowledge of data entry and management highly desired.
2. Strong communications skills are essential, and experience working with college student cohorts is a plus.
3. Attention to detail and effective completion of administrative responsibilities are key.
4. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented educational environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
AAC Program Assistant Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jan. 16, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)