Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
User Support Specialist
Seeking a highly motivated individual, who possesses excellent customer service skills, and has experience servicing/troubleshooting Windows 7 and Mac OS computers in a windows environment. User Support Specialists are responsible for providing computing and telecommunications support to the Norwich Community via email, phones and walk-ins. Responsibilities include installing, configuring, troubleshooting and repairing a wide variety of computer hardware, related peripherals and software as well as a variety of audio/visual systems.
* Answer questions directed to the helpdesk accurately, concisely and in a timely fashion, in accordance to Service Level Agreements.
* Responsible for the installation, maintenance, support and repair of a large variety of computer hardware, printers, scanners, mobile devices and audio/visual systems.
* Ability to use provided resources to seek out/research information and solutions not immediately known.
* Enter/complete Service requests or schedule training sessions for problems not immediately answerable.
* Responsible for the creation of training materials, schedule and conduct training sessions on MS Office, Windows 7/Mac OS and other University supported software.
* Responsible for a working knowledge of University/Department Specific Applications and Procedures.
* Assists with other office functions as requested by supervisor.
* Performs first tier analysis of computer networking problems.
* Assists in maintenance of computer hardware inventory and compliance with all licensed software products and warranties.
* Maintains inventory of computer related consumable supplies.
* Assists network technician with network installation and repair.
* Reliable work attendance/transportation.
* Ability to learn quickly and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* B.S. or A.S. with 2 years of experience or comparable experience.
* Excellent customer service skills - including patience and ability to hear and understand customer concerns.
* Extensive knowledge of at least one productivity application suite, Mac OS in a windows environment. Knowledge of microcomputer hardware installation, support and repair procedures.
* Ability to stand for up to 3 hours, lift 50 lbs, listen and talk on the phone for up to 8 hours.
* Knowledge of University owned software and installation procedures.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks while demonstrating resourcefulness.
* Ability to communicate clearly with all employees with varying levels of expertise.
* Ability to promote the mission and goals of the Information Technology Services department throughout the University community.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
User Support Specialist Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 9, 2015
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)