Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Faculty: David Crawford School of Engineering
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering
The David Crawford School of Engineering at Norwich University invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering. The successful applicant will have primary expertise in Mechanical Systems Design. In addition to design courses, the successful applicant will be expected to teach Mechanical Measurements Laboratory and fundamental engineering courses in solid mechanics such as Statics, Dynamics, and Mechanics of Materials.
Responsibilities include teaching the theory and practice of mechanical engineering to undergraduate students, supervising student projects, advising students, serving on department, college, and university committees, enhancing laboratory facilities, or other related duties. Professional development including research and other creative achievement is expected, and resources are available to encourage participation in scholarly endeavors.
• Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Education or closely related fields.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong commitment to undergraduate teaching, scholarship, and advising.
• Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
• Expertise in Mechanical Design, Design Methodology, or Mechatronic Systems Design.
• Demonstrated effective teaching experience.
• Hands on experience in a laboratory environment.
• Relevant practical experience in mechanical design and/or product development.
• Experience with applied research and development of industry contacts.
• Professional registration.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The anticipated starting date for the appointment is July 1, 2014.
Please submit a cover letter addressing your qualifications, CV, list of three references (including names, telephone numbers, postal and email addresses), and a completed Norwich University Employment Application to Mechanical Engineering Search, via email: email@example.com.
Feb. 10, 2014
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)