Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Windows & VMWare Administrator
The primary responsibility of the Windows System Administrator is to maintain the client Windows/AD infrastructure. Provide installation, deployment, operation, maintenance, upgrades, backup and troubleshooting for all University Windows servers and Enterprise Applications, and virtual server and application environment. This includes Windows Enterprise Server, MS Active Directory, windows networking (wins/dhcp/dns), MS Exchange, MS SQL Server, and MS Sharepoint, as well as enterprise blade server connectivity, network attached storage and storage area network maintenance.
As a member of the IT operations team, this position contributes to the improvement and enhancement of IT systems to increase reliability and performance, including assisting in problem resolution of escalated IT Helpdesk tickets, creating and maintaining login scripts, documentation, backup administration/strategy, OS tuning, deploy and maintain proper server patches.
• Installation, upgrade and maintenance of servers and applications in our production virtual infrastructure. Including:
o Active Directory
o MS SQL Server
o Exchange Email
o Integration Servers
o 3rd party servers and applications
o General Use Servers
• Provide backup support for other virtual infrastructure
• Backup and Disaster recovery planning and implementation
• IT Support and Troubleshooting
• Accounts creation and maintenance
• On call in support of Norwich SLA
• Weekend and evening coverage of all University systems
• Provides off hour response and troubleshooting
• Good problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a tightly knit team environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft products and how to integrate disparate systems.
• Skill sets should include but not be limited to: Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Group Policy modeling, logon scripting, patch management.
• Windows 2003 Server experience.
• Ability to multitask, strong oral and written skills, and the ability to
communicate information to large and small groups of people.
• MCSE or VCP is a plus.
• 5+ years of experience in Windows and VMWare Administration.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Windows Administrator Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 5, 2014
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)