Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Systems Administration Manager
Reporting to the Director of Systems and Architecture, this hands-on position serves as lead programmer and administrator of the team supporting the university’s Banner system and providing mentoring support for the programming team while also providing backup support for the DBA. The incumbent will do high level troubleshooting and ensure that the university is able to function, as Banner is mission critical.
• Maintaining the Banner system.
• Ensuring system and functional programming to support the department by enhancing functionality for the staff including change control processes.
• Providing primary SQL support for IT Business Analysts and Programmers.
• Acting as backup to the DBA.
• Helping manage and mentor a team of Programmer/Analysts in support of Banner.
• Providing primary support for the reporting data warehouse.
• Other programming duties as assigned.
• B.S. Degree and 5 years of technical experience with Ellucian Banner Administration, or equivalent education and experience that demonstrates experience in SIS administration, programming and management.
• Excellent SQL, PL/SQL, Perl and troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Oracle database.
• Experience with Linux and Windows server operation systems.
• Strong technical background.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
• The ability to foster collaborative working relationships.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Systems Administration Manager Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feb. 21, 2014
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)