Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Lead Business Analyst/Project Manager
Reporting to the Director of Systems & Architecture, this new role will help ensure the effectiveness of a team of dedicated IT/Business Analysts who support the technical needs of Norwich employees using the University’s Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system. In addition to leading this team, the incumbent will work closely with Norwich admin staff to understand and help meet their needs through system enhancement initiatives. The optimal candidate will have strong project management and interpersonal skills, a technical background, and passion for serving internal customers and leading a team.
• Continuous evaluation of departmental effectiveness through the analysis of projects, tasks and current systems and processes
• Development of enhancement proposals, project plans, and implementation strategies to execute process improvements
• Assurance of effective, ongoing communications with, and service as liaison between, IT and administrative staff
• Development of training plans, system and process documentation and user manuals to support process improvements and system enhancements
• Organization and management of tasks for ongoing projects, including programming
• Assistance with management and mentorship of IT/Business Analysts (Functional Area Specialists)in current projects and the development of new project proposals
• Ad hoc and scheduled reporting on project status and upcoming project requests
• B.S. Degree and 5 years of experience in project management and business process analysis, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience, including a background in information technology
• Experience with Ellucian Banner preferred
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
• The ability to foster collaborative working relationships
• The ability to lead, and oversee projects done by, a team of individuals
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Analyst Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feb. 21, 2014
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)