Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Senior Assistant Director of Admissions
The Office of Admissions seeks a qualified individual to join our team in recruiting students for Norwich University, a diverse academic institution and America’s first private military college. The job entails a number of functions including contacting and cultivating prospective students and applicants by telephone, mail, and email, travel to college fairs, conducting briefings on the college application process, interviewing and counseling prospective students and families, as well as managing and evaluating admissions applications. The position also assists in the development of communication and marketing strategies for specified academic areas. The qualified candidate will also serve as a direct supervisor to a team of admissions counselors and serve as an assistant manager to the Admissions Ambassador Program. The Senior Assistant Director will also manage the college fair invitations to include receipt, organization, data entry, development of payment schedules, etc.
• Application management to include gathering information for incomplete files; preparing completed applications; making decisions on student applicants
• Communicate with students, parents and counselors; to include some night and weekend calling
• Assist with the development and management of marketing plan based on academic division
• Represent the university at on and off-campus events including open houses, regional events, and academic showcases
• Plan and execute travel in select geographic areas; to include college fairs, classroom presentations and individual meetings with applicants, often including some nights and weekends.
• Development and maintenance of the college fair invitation spreadsheet and payment schedule requests.
• Directly supervise a team of admissions counselors within an academic college area.
• Assist with management of the Admissions Ambassador Program.
A Bachelor’s degree and preferred 2-3 years Admissions/Recruitment experience, strong interpersonal and communications skills (both written and oral), presentation experience, sales/marketing skills, ability to multi-task and the ability to work as a member of a team in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will be energetic, flexible and willing to work some evenings and weekends. Military experience, military school experience or ROTC experience(s) a plus, but not required. A valid driver’s license is required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Senior Admissions Search, via email: email@example.com.
Aug. 1, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)