Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Norwich University is seeking a Registrar who will be a skilled leader in the management of the Registrar's Office. This person must provide exceptional customer service, work well in teams, be solutions oriented, communicate information in a timely manner and be proactive in the support of the mission and vision of Norwich University. Norwich University has 2,300 campus-based undergraduate students (1,600 in a Corps of Cadets) and 1400 students enrolled in online graduate and degree completion programs.
The Registrar reports to the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and supervises a staff of three Associate Registrars, one Assistant Registrar, two clerical staff and a variable number of student employees.
Duties assigned to the Registrar are:
• Maintain, control and audit student enrollment information and academic records in accordance with academic regulations
• Plan and schedule courses and classrooms in conjunction with faculty
• Produce accurate and timely transcripts
• Prepare and verify the Degree Audit procedures.
• Prepare and communicate final exam schedules
• Prepare and disseminate accurate and timely student information to the Norwich Community
• Provide liaison services to curriculum and academic regulation committees regarding the student information system (Banner)
• Develop and apply metrics to Registrar Office business processes and use as part of a continuous process improvement methodology
• Conduct orientations and seminars on Registrar issues
• Support IPEDS reporting of student information
• Work in collaboration with the offices of Admissions, Institutional Research, and Information Technology
Master’s degree and a minimum of five years related experience. Strong technical background in Banner and other related computer software and experience in student records management is required. In addition, we seek a candidate with who is customer focused and goal oriented, has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and is a team player. S/he must have a proven ability to manage and lead staff, effective time management and organizational skills, and be able to evaluate and apply other technical products in support of office processes
The successful candidate must have demonstrated ability in preparing regulatory reporting, excellent knowledge of FERPA and other regulations pertaining to student records management, forming collaborative relationships with campus business units, faculty and Deans, and have excellent analytical skills to effectively manage the student records database. Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
For further information, please contact Dr. Joseph Byrne, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs at (802) 485-2312 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates will begin July 1, 2013 and continue until the position is filled. A start date by January 1, 2014 is desired.
Please send a letter of application, a résumé, the names and addresses of three references who may be contacted by the search committee, and a Norwich University Employment Application to: Registrar Search, via email to: email@example.com.
June 10, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)