Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Client Technology Specialist - College of Graduate & Continuing Studies
The Client Technology Specialist will provide solutions and services that optimize the use of Banner modules and forms. This position is the primary contact for technology initiatives in regard to administrative software and product integration. As a member of the Admissions and Student Services teams for the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies, s/he is responsible for building and maintaining positive working relationships with team members, internal customers, and external vendors.
S/he will ensure proper use of current Banner/Ellucian systems, train users as appropriate, evaluate additional procedures and/or products, and make best-practice recommendations for software/system use. In addition, s/he will assist ITS in installing/testing/approving Ellucian releases and patches without interrupting the day-to-day activities in the various modules. In short, s/he will become the Banner expert in the module(s) assigned.
• Oversee day-to-day and long-term operations of the Banner System module(s) as assigned, which may include admissions, student, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, human resources, and endowment.
• Determine, design, and implement appropriate additions, enhancements, and procedural guidelines to Banner as applicable.
• Serve on committees that are directly or indirectly related to the use of the modules for which s/he is responsible.
• Maintain appropriate documentation for the procedures used in administering the functions of Banner.
• Aid in uploads, ad hoc and on-going reporting.
• Act as the contact between department(s) and IT as assigned.
• Know and understand the Ellucian Banner User Guide for specified module(s).
• Know and document modules’ Banner processes and manual processes as necessary.
• Train and demonstrate Banner processes to module users.
• Keep department/business unit apprised of “Best Practice” solutions to procedures and reduce office manual processes where possible.
• Review and audit data and procedures for continuous process improvement and data integrity.
• Keep module(s) up-to-date with new Banner releases and functionality by reading Banner release guides, patch posts, FAQs, listserve, user groups, and seminars.
• Identify, test, and approve applicable patches for specified module(s).
• Assist with reporting tools based on IT supplied materialized views.
• Maintain Banner account and security classes.
• Research departmental questions/concerns/problems and develop reporting or various other solutions.
• Research and understand Banner data and how it integrates/impacts various departments keeping in mind various mandated reporting requirements and data limitations.
• Work with assigned departments to ensure everyone can access what is needed.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be customer service oriented, able to prioritize, and research creative solutions to problems. In addition, must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; strong attention to detail and accuracy; strong quantitative skills; good judgment, discretion, and ability to maintain confidentiality. S/he must be able to interact with diverse constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and work on a team and independently. Competent project management skills, strong computer skills, and advanced skills with integrated database technology is also required. Familiarity with SunGard SCT/Banner, Ellucian products is a plus. Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Client Technology Specialist - CGCS Search, via email: email@example.com.
June 4, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)