Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Director of Student Services - College of Graduate & Continuing Studies
The Director of Student Services is responsible for managing the daily operations for CGCS student retention efforts. The director will directly supervise and train the Student Services Advisors (SSA) and is responsible for the overall re-enrollment and advising of continuing students; will work diligently to provide exceptional student services and meet online enrollment goals while communicating the mission and values of Norwich University. The Director will be responsible for ensuring that SSA staff is knowledgeable regarding CGCS respective academic programs, history, values, and degree plans. Duties include creating and maintaining enrollment reports, analyzing relevant data, developing a retention plan to meet enrollment goals, identifying resources to maintain a successful retention model and making necessary recommendations for providing ongoing high quality student services.
1. Oversight and Management of retention for Norwich University’s online degree programs.
2. Daily supervision and management of SSA’s -- this includes training, coaching, mentoring, making adjustments, and taking disciplinary action if necessary.
3. Daily oversight of all CGCS online advising, including response to academic questions, financial aid, military tuition assistance, registration, re-enrollment, payment policies and book orders.
4. Daily monitoring and supervision of retention and enrollment goals for continuing students.
5. Develop, implement, and continuously assess military student success programs to increase retention.
6. Monitor, analyze, and report on retention data, student satisfaction data, campus-based student services, and student success profiles/programs; develop and implement strategies for improved student retention/persistence/success with emphasis on high-attrition groups.
7. Coordinate with third-party partner(s) for an effective and timely student service, document management, and related processes; support academic policies and procedures.
8. Ensure SSA staff is utilizing best practices, follow up, and making every effort to provide high quality student services and meet and/or exceed retention goals.
9. Develop strategies in collaboration with the associate dean and other CGCS team members to increase retention rates.
10. Emphasize the importance of excellent student service and follow-through with current students.
11. Follow-up with stop outs and re-engage former students with CGCS.
12. Produce data for faculty staffing plans.
13. Promote and maintain a culture of collaboration, respect, and flexibility in the workplace, keeping student services staff motivated and accountable for reaching their goals.
14. Encourage creative thinking and seek input from co-workers.
15. Maintain daily/weekly communication with other staff as necessary.
16. Conduct weekly staff meetings.
17. Coordinate written reports by group and individual as necessary.
18. Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
2. Minimum of five years of supervisory experience in higher education or service industry.
3. Demonstrated experience in hiring and building a successful team; ability to teach and coach.
4. Excellent interpersonal, administrative, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
5. Willingness to lead and manage change.
6. Strong process and systems thinker.
7. Flexible, energetic, and positive team-player.
8. Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment; willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekend and evening hours.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Student Services Search, via email: email@example.com.
May 13, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)