Norwich University is a diversified academic institution that educates residential students, leading both military and civilian lifestyles, and working adults across the globe. Norwich offers a broad selection of traditional and distance-learning programs culminating in baccalaureate and master's degrees, and graduate certificates. Founded in 1819 by U.S. Army Capt. Alden Partridge, Norwich is the oldest private military college in the country and the birthplace of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC).
Along with specific items listed under each job posting’s “To apply” heading, you will need to complete and submit a Norwich University Employment Application.
Admissions Counselor - CGCS
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for contacting and cultivating prospective students for two-year degree completion programs in the College of Graduate and Continuing Studies. The Admissions Counselor will effectively conduct program and admissions briefings, counsel and assist prospects with application completion, communicate admissions decisions to candidates, and execute all recruitment communication plans. The Admissions Counselor is expected to reach predetermined enrollment targets tied to College goals, effectively manage call and workflow volume, and conduct occasional regional admissions briefings.
1. Understand the complexities and unique features of the two-year degree completion programs, particularly as they relate to transferrable credit.
2. Maintain a working knowledge of military tuition assistance, VA benefits, and financial aid options.
3. Contact and cultivate leads by phone, email, and pre-determined communication plans.
4. Execute communication plans developed by the Director and/or marketing team.
5. Track application conversion progress of leads.
6. Assist prospects with completion of the application package and hand-off to Admissions Coordinator and/or Program Manager for review.
7. Communicate admissions decisions to applicants and collect deposits.
8. Provide admissions and program briefings within the region, as needed, to support recruitment efforts.
9. Maintain data integrity in the CRM and other systems.
1. Bachelor’s degree and three years experience in recruitment, admissions, or similar position.
2. Strong sales experience and people skills; driven by reaching targets.
3. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
4. Experience in presentation/briefing settings with individuals and small groups.
5. The ability to be flexible and positive while working in a high-energy, team-oriented environment.
6. Some weekend and evening work required; limited regional travel also required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and Norwich University Employment Application to
Admissions Counselor - CGCS Search, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 25, 2013
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, group life and long term disability insurance, flexible-spending accounts for health and dependant care, a retirement annuity plan and tuition scholarships for eligible employees and their family members.
Norwich University participates in E-Verify. (Español)